Website The Institute of Professional Practice, Inc.
The Institute of Professional Practice, Inc., is a non-profit human services agency making a meaningful difference in the lives of adults and children with autism and other disabilities. We provide residential programs, day support, special education, and employment services in partnership with families and in collaboration with public and private health, human service, education and other government agencies. Headquartered in Vermont, our 1,200 team members serve individuals across four Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states.
The Executive Administrative Coordinator / Special Projects is responsible for providing executive-level administrative support to the CEO and the Executive Team. Responsibilities include but not limited to arranging meetings, drafting correspondences, tracking and following up on strategic initiatives, keeping minutes and helping hold others accountable for action items, maintaining office files, managing special projects and assignments, and supporting the CEO in communications and work with the Board of Directors. This position is vital in ensuring smooth operation of the CEO’s office and team, ensuring the most efficient use of the CEO’s time and energies.
Overview of responsibilities
– Responsible for day-to-day management of CEO’s schedule to ensure high value time utilization of CEO
– Overseeing the company’s strategic plan and goal planning
– Driving strategic initiatives on behalf of the Executive Team
– Assisting with and organizing corporate communications, functions and events
– Reviews CEO’s email communications and assists in providing timely responses to inquiries sent to CEO
– Managing meetings for the CEO and Executive Team
– Prepares briefing memos and relevant updates for CEO on outstanding projects, identifies issues, develops contingencies and suggests remedies
– Acting as CEO liaison to the Board of Directors, attending – Board meetings, maintaining minutes, preparing various materials for CEO’s board report and assisting in ongoing communications and activities with the Board of Directors
Qualities and Qualifications
– Excellent organizational skills; flexible and able to multi-task, with demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities
– Skilled at building relationships, working with employees throughout the organization
– Ability to manage confidential information with poise and grace
– Ability to work independently and manage projects with minimal direction
– Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively present and execute on innovative ideas
– Ability to effectively present information and respond to high level inquiries from donors, partners, and Board members. Experience interacting with a Board of Directors strongly preferred
– Ability to understand and anticipate the needs of a diverse and highly motivated Executive Team
– Minimum of 7 years of experience working in an Executive support position
– Ability to collaborate and effectively partner with leaders at all levels of the organization
– Advanced education desired, minimum of a bachelor’s degree
IPPI believes it must play an active role in creating a community of employees that is diverse, inclusive and equitable. Our work benefits greatly from the contributions of people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.