Website The Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont
NOFA-VT Office Manager & VOF Administrative Assistant (split position)
(40 hours/ week, salaried, exempt)
Supervised by: VOF Office Manager & Financial Director
NOFA Vermont & Vermont Organic Farmers are seeking an Office Manager, based out of our Richmond office, to be responsible for office administration, IT support, and program staff support. We are seeking a candidate who is detail oriented, has excellent organizational and interpersonal skills,
is able to juggle many tasks, has IT experience in a server environment, is familiar with database use and has knowledge of the local food system and organic agriculture.
Specific Responsibilities for NOFA-VT include, but are not limited to:
- Office Administration: Perform a wide range of duties to facilitate the smooth functioning and maintenance of the NOFA-VT & VOF office, including answering phones and emails, responding to requests for information, coordinating and administering all office mailings, recording staff and committee meeting minutes, maintaining inventory, and ordering supplies.
- Build and maintain systems to keep the office organized. Coordinate building maintenance. Work closely with the Office Assistant to complete these administrative duties.
- IT Support: Work with the IT committee and consultants to oversee the functioning of all office technology and systems–includes computer, server, software, printer/copier, phone, and conference system needs.
- Outreach: Prepare NOFA-VT & VOF promotional materials and publications, and assist with their distribution. Review and approve online calendar and classifieds listings. Update website pages as needed. Represent NOFA-VT & VOF at events (including pizza socials, workshops, conferences, and tabling). Contribute to and help edit NOFA-VT publications.
- Program and Administrative Staff Support: Support program staff with project coordination, event registration, data entry, and mailings and communication. Assist program directors with job/internship postings and applications. Support staff with equipment and supply needs. Produce mailing lists and reports. Build forms to integrate program data into the database.
- Volunteer Coordination: Recruit and coordinate volunteers for office tasks and events.
Specific Responsibilities for Vermont Organic Farmers, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and update Salesforce database including application and payment data entry for new and continuing applicants.
- Conduct VOF mailings (including standard updates, save the dates, application reminders, etc.)
- Keep track of continuing applicants who have not submitted complete applications.
- Send reminder emails, postcards and letters and make reminder calls for late applications and fees.
- Send major non-compliance, suspension or revocation letters and forward to NOP.
- Print, compile, and send inspection packets.
- Track and assist with resolutions of CCCs for all producers.
- Handle all VOF marketing material orders.
- Maintain inventory of marketing materials and order more as needed.
- Coordinate volunteers for VOF tasks & projects.
- Any other task relevant to these duties or the mission of the organization as assigned by the supervisor.
- Future responsibilities may include: Assigning inspectors to certification files.
- Job duties require knowledge of administrative systems for a nonprofit office and comfort with IT problem solving.
- Customer Service
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- General understanding of and interest in organic agriculture and the local food system, and an ability to communicate and build excitement around our work
- Writing, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, quality, confidentiality, and an effective customer service focus
- Experience with IT in a server environment
- Familiarity with databases
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “NOFA-VT Office Manager & VOF Assistant” in subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com