Website United Way of Northwest Vermont
POSITION TITLE: Grants Compliance Coordinator
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time, Non-Exempt
UNIT ORGANIZATION: Administration
REPORTS TO: Controller
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A data focused communicator and collaborator. This role is responsible for compliance with all grants – federal, state, local, and private. This includes an understanding of federal and state regulations while ensuring organizational policies and activities comply with guidelines. In addition to ensuring the accuracy, integrity, and efficiency of our grants management systems, this position will assist with financial functions, support mission, and program implementation, facilitate grant administration, and ensure accountability as all deliverables are met.
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
Grants Administration and Compliance:
- Monitors approved funding contracts to ensure documentation and reporting requirements are met prior to due dates.
- Updates registrations and responds to data requests within award management systems.
- Works collaboratively with program staff and Controller to compile data for grants, including invoices, financial reporting, and financial schedules, while tracking measurable outcomes required by funding sources.
- Manages program files and records with efficient tracking mechanisms for grant expenditures and receivables in accordance with regular departmental budget reviews.
- Reviews all grant related payment requests, bills, and invoices for appropriate coding within the accounting and reporting systems.
- Supports grants compliance in partnership with program staff and human resources by understanding allowable uses of funds.
- Enters grant spending allocations into Abila MIP Fund Accounting software.
- Supports annual audit, including potential A-133 Single Audit as the key contributor on grants-related documentation.
- Proactively develops and modifies policies/procedures/systems to align with governmental regulations and organizational objectives. Reviews data management systems for efficiency and makes recommendations for improvements.
Grant Development and Communications:
- Works in collaboration with program staff to write grant proposals, submit applications, and seek additional funding sources to expand and develop programs in alignment with the organizational mission.
- Supports pre-grant application meetings/reviews with appropriate team members across departments to help determine cost/benefits, eligibility, timelines, responsibilities, and application process.
- Works closely with Finance and Community Impact teams to gather relevant grant data, to understand, monitor, and communicate about UWNWVT’s grants program, and to develop grant budgets.
- Support Community Impact staff with grantmaking.
There are no direct supervisory responsibilities.
A very high level of confidentiality and discretion is needed.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years experience working with grants, nonprofit experience a plus. Grants compliance, management, reporting, writing, or development experience are all relevant.
- Knowledge of nonprofit and government accounting and operations is a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills, including Word and Excel, ability to learn Abila MIP accounting software.
- Ability to navigate and learn multiple computerized systems and databases
- Organizational and project management skills are necessary to manage multiple grants and grant reporting systems.
- Commitment to the mission and values of United Way of Northwest Vermont.
- Ability to build relationships across various internal and external partners.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a cross-functional team in service to the organization as a whole.
- Organized, able to prioritize, strategically plan, and meet deadlines.
- The position is primarily a normal office setting, requiring extended periods of sedentary work at a desk and computer
Please send a copy of your cover letter and resume to [email protected] Applications are accepted until 5/20/22.
To apply for this job email your details to Hiring@unitedwaynwvt.org