Website United Way of Northwest Vermont
Our mission is to build a stronger northwest Vermont by mobilizing our community to improve people’s lives. United Way isn’t just our name – it’s how we work. We bring together individuals, nonprofits, businesses, and government entities to fight for a strong, vibrant, and healthy community. We fight for the education, financial stability and health of every person in Chittenden, Franklin and Grand Isle counties.
United Way’s Working Bridges is an innovative program designed to improve job retention, productivity, and advancement by supporting employees with community resources. The concept is simple: employers work together to effectively develop and test innovative HR practices using the workplace as a platform for services designed to help workers get, keep, and grow stable employment.
Purpose of Position
The VISTA will have a unique opportunity to build professional skills and expand their business and nonprofit community knowledge while helping Working Bridges coordinate outreach and education opportunities for both employers and employees. Coordination efforts will align with UWNWVT’s key strategies of meeting basic needs, promoting mental health, reducing substance misuse, supporting families, and fostering financial stability. This innovative work includes community outreach, strong communication skills, project coordination, relationship management, and creativity.
Key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement outreach strategies and education offerings to support greater visibility and understanding of the Working Bridges program.
- Collaborate with the Working Bridges team to develop and promote educational opportunities across the Working Bridges network for human resources staff, managers, and employees.
- Co-facilitate in-person and virtual educational opportunities, webinars and community meetings.
- Available to start August 1st, 2023 (position starts August 1st, 2023, and ends July 31st, 2024, with the possibility to renew for another 12-month term).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Reliable transportation for travel to and from the office as well as travel to United Way partners, primarily within Northwest Vermont.
- Possess skills in the following areas: project coordination, relationship management ,communications, and creativity.
- A passion for advancing the work of nonprofit organizations
- Stipend of $22,882 per year
- $250 monthly housing, gas, or grocery stipend
- Loan deferment for qualified student loans
- EITHER 1) a choice of a $6,345 education award OR 2) a $1,800 (pre-tax) cash stipend
- Health, dental & vision benefits
- Ten paid personal days & 10 sick days plus federally recognized holidays
- Childcare benefits if eligible
- Discounted gym membership
- Flexible schedule (35 hours per week)
- Professional development, networking, and community engagement opportunities
- Chance to make a substantial difference in the community
- Gain valuable work skills and experience
How to Apply
Applications or questions should be sent to Dillon Boisvert via email at [email protected]. Interviews are scheduled on a rolling basis, and the application deadline is June 30th, 2023. More information can be found on our website, unitedwaynwvt.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org