Website United Way of Northwest Vermont
Our mission is to build a stronger Northwest Vermont by mobilizing our community to improve people’s lives. United Way isn’t just our name – it’s how we work. We bring together individuals, nonprofits, businesses, and government entities to fight for a strong, vibrant, and healthy community. We fight for the education, financial stability and health of every person in Chittenden, Franklin and Grand Isle counties.
United Way of Northwest Vermont has a long history of promoting and facilitating volunteerism, advocacy, and giving. Volunteerism is the basis of our mission to build a stronger region by mobilizing our community to improve people’s lives. We offer a range of programs that serve many demographics across Chittenden, Franklin, and Grand Isle counties.
Purpose of Position
In this position, the VISTA will have a unique opportunity to build professional skills while helping United Way of Northwest Vermont (UWNWVT) mobilize volunteers for nonprofit organizations which align with UWNWVT’s key strategies of meeting basic needs such as housing, food, and transportation; promoting mental health; reducing substance misuse; support families; and fostering financial stability. In addition, this position includes project coordination, community outreach to volunteers, relationship building with the Northwest Vermont nonprofit sector, and recruitment platform redesign.
Key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the redevelopment of United Way’s Volunteer Connection program in collaboration with the program manager.
- Compile and promote volunteer opportunities with nonprofit organizations that align with United Way’s key strategies.
- Build new and maintain existing relationships with nonprofit organizations in Chittenden, Franklin, and Grand Isle counties.
- Coordinate general community outreach to recruit and engage volunteers.
- Available to start August 1st, 2023 (position starts August 1st, 2023, and ends July 31st, 2024, with the possibility to renew for another 12-month term).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Reliable transportation for travel to and from the office as well as travel to United Way partners across the Northwest Vermont region.
- Possess skills in the following areas: project coordination, volunteer outreach/recruitment, relationship building.
- Passion for advancing the work of nonprofit organizations.
- Stipend of $22,882 per year.
- $250 monthly housing, gas, or grocery stipend.
- Loan deferment for qualified student loans.
- EITHER 1) a choice of a $6,345 education award OR 2) a $1,800 (pre-tax) cash stipend.
- Health, dental & vision benefits.
- Ten paid personal days & 10 sick days plus federally recognized holidays.
- Childcare benefits if eligible.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Flexible schedule (35 hours per week).
- Professional development, networking, and community engagement opportunities.
- Chance to make a substantial difference in the community.
- Gain valuable work skills and experience.
How to Apply
Applications or questions should be sent to Dillon Boisvert via email at [email protected]. Interviews are scheduled on a rolling basis, and the application deadline is June 30th, 2023. More information can be found on our website, unitedwaynwvt.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org