Website Upper Valley Haven
Front End Coordinator
Director of Organizational Development & Learning
Provide a welcoming experience to all who visit or call the Haven and provide administrative support to staff. Exemplify the intended culture of the Haven.
The Front End Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to serve everyone who enters the Haven—visitors, donors, and others—by welcoming and directing them to the appropriate location or assisting them when possible. They direct callers to the appropriate staff member and handle informational calls such as hours, directions, guidance on donations, etc.
The Front End Coordinator supplements the duties of the Food Shelf Registrar and can perform the functions expected of that position. They also schedule Front Desk/Food Shelf Registration volunteers and train them on the tasks those staff perform.
This individual provides administrative support including handling mail and other duties as assigned. They collaborate with the Office Administrator to manage/organize incoming non-monetary donations and back each other up as needed. In addition to general reception and administrative tasks, they support the maintenance of all Front End spaces. They support other departments and maintain a body of background projects to work on as time allows.
The Front End Coordinator is expected to engage volunteers and guests in keeping with Haven values and principles; demonstrate a commitment to working as part of a team; function as an ambassador for the Haven; and adhere to all Haven policies and procedures.
· Interacts comfortably with people from a wide range of social, economic, and religious backgrounds, i.e. cultural sensitivity and adaptability
· Experience interacting with people experiencing mental illness and substance use disorder
· Able to offer compassionate but firm guidance to volunteers and visitors
· Comfortable working in an ever-changing and unpredictable environment
· Commitment to the mission and values of the Haven
· Effective team member with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
· Able to communicate professionally both in writing and orally
· Excellent attention to detail
· Proficiency working with Microsoft applications and Windows operating system
· Ability to operate the phone system skillfully and professionally
· Able to prioritize, multi-task and pitch in as needed
· Experience in a Human Services work environment preferred
· Demonstrates sound judgment in stressful and urgent situations
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com