Upper Valley Haven
Job Title: Part Time Food Shelf Driver
Reports to: Food Programs Manager
Purpose: The purpose of the Part Time Food Shelf Driver is to support the work of the Food Shelf and Haven programs by moving food and materials and to professionally represent the Haven when picking up donations. The schedule for this position is Mondays from 7:00am – 3:00pm with potential additional per diem hours as needed.
Job Functions· Demonstrate the values and mission of the Haven in all interactions in the community and on the campus;
· Pick up and unload food donations from identified suppliers on a daily basis, beginning at 7:00 AM;
· Pick up and unload food and other donations from various sites and sources as needed and scheduled;
· Load and deliver food and other items to other organizations as needed;
· Manage movement of items into and out of off-site storage unit;
· Move materials around campus as needed;
· Assist volunteers in moving in-kind donations as needed;
· Clean truck bed as needed;
· Keep truck cab clean and orderly;
· Maintain Food Bank temperature logs on all food pickups;
· Maintain mileage logs;
· Perform other duties as asked.
· Excellent driving skills and capacity to drive a box truck;
· DOT medical card required
· Valid driver’s license; driving record as specified in Vehicle Use Policy (2020)
· Ability to lift 50 pounds routinely and repeatedly;
· Ability to relate to people regardless of age, background, skills and abilities;
· Effective organizational skills;
· Knowledge of the geography and nature of the local community;
· Strong communication skills;
· High level of attention to detail;
· Ability to balance several projects and activities at any one time;
· Basic computer skills including email and reading spread sheets;
· Ability to represent the Haven in the community.
Clean, professional untorn pants and work shirts without advertising or photos. Workwear footwear required due to palletized loads.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org