Website Vermont 211
Community Resource Specialist (Call Center-Based)
Full-Time and Part-Time shifts available
Vermont 2-1-1 Contact Center Manager
Vermont 2-1-1 is a statewide information and referral helpline for health, human services, and government agencies. Vermont 2-1-1’s mission is to promote the health and wellbeing of all people in Vermont through a statewide information and referral system for streamlined access to community resources.
Community Resource Specialists sit at the heart of Vermont 2-1-1’s operations! These dedicated professionals work daily to serve the community by responding to diverse requests for help by call, text, and e-mail. Among other qualities, they demonstrate care, curiosity, compassion, and competence in connecting to help clients with various needs, backgrounds, and communication styles.
As the position’s name implies, Community Resource Specialists are tasked with engaging effectively with all members of the community and with offering needed information about available health and human services. Other aspects of this important role include handling afterhours requests for emergency housing on behalf of the state of Vermont’s program, offering reassurance and guidance during disasters and other emergencies, and, as needed, helping clients who require crisis (including suicide) intervention. To fulfill their mission, Community Resource Specialists are provided comprehensive initial and continuing training as well as ongoing support from both supervisors and other members of the team.
Vermont 2-1-1 is currently hiring for full-time, M-F daytime and evening positions. If you are looking to join a team of committed, caring, and good-humored professionals, we encourage you to apply!
Given the demands of this role, ideal candidates for this role will possess the following:
– Ability to engage effectively with a culturally, educationally, and socioeconomically diverse clientele
– Mission-oriented, with a strong desire to be of service to the community
– Effective verbal and written communication skills
– Willingness to learn about Vermont’s health and human services system (prior knowledge in this regard is a plus!)
– Positive, proactive, and adaptable
– Self-motivated and reliable
– Team player
– Associates or bachelor’s degree in human services, OR
– Associates plus minimum of one year of experience working in human services, OR
– Comparable High School diploma with 3+ years’ experience in social services and/or a contact center environment
– Strong organizational skills
– Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
– Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
– Professional appearance and manner
– Ability to work with diverse leadership styles
– Ability to learn new technologies with ease
– Ability to pass a criminal background check
– Must have reliable transportation
– Must have reliable personal Internet (no phone data)
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office
– Answer incoming calls, email, and texts on an assigned schedule
– Provide accurate, relevant information and referral to community resources (health, human services, and government agencies)
– Ensure quality engagement with clients by use of active listening and other rapport-building techniques
– Document contacts per agency protocol
– Offer support to clients who may experience barriers in accessing referred services, per agency protocol
– Provide crisis intervention according to agency protocols, including but not limited to calls pertaining to suicide, domestic violence, and child abuse
– Offer reassurance and guidance during disasters and other emergencies, in partnership with Vermont Emergency Management
– Research answers to new questions and requests for unknown services
– Attend all-staff meetings, team meetings, trainings, conferences, and workshops to enhance professional skills
– Represent Vermont 2-1-1 and United Ways of Vermont effectively to agencies and groups both on the telephone and in person.
– Maintains integrity of contract with the Agency of Human Services (AHS) and other contractual partners
– Other duties as assigned
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
Employee assistance program
Health savings account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Are you willing to take suicide calls (training provided)?
Are you looking for part-time or full-time employment?
How did you hear about this position?
Call center: 1 year (Preferred)
human services: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.