Website Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility
Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility (VBSR) is a statewide, nonprofit business association with an enduring mission to leverage the power of business for positive social and environmental impact. Our diverse membership represents all sectors and geographic regions of Vermont – from sole proprietors to the largest employers in the state – all working toward a just, thriving, and transformative economy that works for all people and the planet.
For more than 30 years, VBSR has recognized that what is good for people, communities, and the environment is also good for business. From our beginnings as a small group of pioneering businesses to today’s network of thousands, VBSR members have continued to prove themselves leaders, innovators, and influencers, with impact reaching far beyond the workplace and our state: our members have shaped the Vermont brand, advanced leading-edge policy, and fueled the social responsibility movement.
The Communications & Outreach Coordinator works directly with the Communications Manager and in collaboration with all staff to promote the VBSR brand, programming, events, and policy. This position is responsible for communicating with members, drafting content, graphic design, and producing social media campaigns on a variety of platforms and channels. The role is an opportunity to contribute fresh ideas and creative approaches that support communications strategy for a dynamic and mission-driven organization.
Social Media: Work with the Communications Manager to produce social media communications
- Develop and publish social media posts (including copy and graphics) for member acknowledgements, news and events; VBSR programming and events; other key moments in time
- Coordinate with the Communications Manager and Education & Events Manager to develop and publish social media posts; produce share kits/guidance to support participants and partners in co-promoting VBSR events
- Coordinate with the Communications Manager and Policy Manager to develop and publish proactive or reactive social media posts for policy developments and updates, including opportunities to take action
- Assist in developing clear and effective processes and workflows for social media content and channels
In collaboration with the Communications Manager, identify and amplify existing compelling digital content (member news, thought leadership) that reflects VBSR’s mission and values
Database: Maintain VBSR’s membership database
- Maintain and organize dynamic membership data related to member employees, email lists, programming participants and sponsors, new and renewing members
- Assist broader team in developing targeted additional audience outreach lists based on programming specifics
Website: Update and add content to VBSR’s website
- Maintain various content for both members and VBSR such as job postings, events, and news
- Develop and publish additional items as requested by members or staff such as post-event recaps, policy recaps, etc.
Graphic Design & Outreach:
- Develop graphic materials for digital and print to enhance member news, VBSR website, VBSR programming, policy campaigns, and more
- Identify opportunities to expand awareness of VBSR mission through a variety of communications channels, including partner collaborations
- Develop and publish VBSR’s monthly Community Bulletin including member news, events, and jobs
- Manage VBSR’s “[email protected]” email account
Ambassadorship & Teamwork:
- Serve as an ambassador for VBSR, positively representing VBSR’s brand and values
- Be a positive contributor to VBSR Staff Team and team-wide efforts, including membership growth, public relations, fundraising, mission alignment, and organizational development
- This position is fully remote, with no in-person responsibilities
- VBSR provides standard office equipment (including a computer, and, if needed, printer) and supplies as well as reimbursement for remote work expenses (phone and internet)
- This position requires sitting and working with a computer for long periods of time
Proficiency in the following preferred, not required: Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, WordPress, Loomly, Canva, Wild Apricot, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Wufoo, Slack.
Those who identify as women and non-binary, Black, Indigenous and People of Color, First- or Second-Generation American, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, formerly incarcerated, or other historically marginalized and underrepresented populations are strongly encouraged to apply. A college degree is not required to be successful in this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com