Website Vermont Coalition of Runaway and Homeless Youth Programs
The Vermont Coalition of Runaway and Homeless Youth Programs is seeking a Data Entry Specialist.
Unique opportunity to serve on a 5-person team that supports a statewide network of runaway and homeless youth service and housing providers. The VCRHYP data entry specialist contributes to the vision of the Coalition by supporting the VCRHYP team in database administration, data entry, reporting, and coordination with partner agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and monitors project data through entering client information into the Homelessness Management Information System (HMIS) database.
- Compiles and sorts information from partner agencies for entry into the HMIS.
- Processes paperwork from partner agencies by reviewing data for missing information or inconsistencies; resolving issues by using standard procedures or supporting partner agencies in fixing incomplete documents.
Enters client data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard.
- Pulls client data from database to compile reports for partner agencies and funders at least quarterly or as needed.
- Maintains understanding of data entry requirements by reviewing policies and procedures as they are updated.
Maintains and protects client confidentiality by keeping information HIPPA compliant.
- Participates in necessary trainings to keep database licensing up to date.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Data entry skills *experience using a Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) or equivalent database highly preferred
- Organized approach to work
Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Commitment to confidentiality
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with people who have a minimal understanding of data collection in HMIS
- Knowledge of housing and homelessness issues helpful
This is a part-time position (up to 15 hours per week) that works closely and collaboratively with the VCRHYP administrative team to support partner agencies and ensure Coalition programs meet outcome goals. This is a hybrid of remote and office-based work that requires at least one fixed day a week (day of the week to be determined). The VCRHYP office is located at the Washington County Youth Service Bureau/ Boys & Girls Club in Berlin. VCRHYP team members are employed by the Washington County Youth Service Bureau/ Boys & Girls Club. The atmosphere at the Bureau is casual yet professional.
This position is an hourly position paying $15.00/ hour for up to 15 hours per week. This is not a benefit eligible position.
- Position open until filled
- Washington County Youth Service Bureau/Boys & Girls Club and the Vermont Coalition of Runaway and Homeless Youth Programs are EOEs
- Background check required
- Please submit cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org