Website Vermont Coalition to End Homelessness
VCEH Mission: The VCEH supports the work of local Continuum of Care (CoCs); connects them to a broader network of stakeholders; administers federal funds; and advocates for funding and policy changes so that people living in Vermont have a safe, stable, affordable home and if homelessness occurs it is a brief and rare occurrence during which everyone is treated with dignity and respect
Reports to: VCEH Director
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION: The CoC Support Specialist Position will be provided with extensive support, training, and guidance to fulfill their role to:
1. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all CoC members: current and former homeless persons, advocates, emergency shelters and other homeless providers, youth and family providers, domestic violence and veteran providers, community action agencies, mental health and substance treatment providers, housing trusts and public housing authorities, property owners, private and public agencies, statewide partner organizations, community members, VSHA staff and others to meet the needs of the VCEH.
2. Support VCEH Board development and related activities such as: inclusive representation, meeting planning, trainings, technical assistance, system performance, strategic planning, committees, special projects, governance, etc.
3. Perform strategic communications-related duties, including website updates and listerve communications. Basic Knowledge of WordPress and Mailchimp preferred.
4. Evaluate and assist with planning activities related to the annual HUD CoC NOFA application.
5. Collaborate in a team to write the HUD CoC NOFA Application.
6. Support Local Continuums of Care with organizational development and general support, training and technical assistance.
7. Assist local Continuums with the planning and implementation of the annual Point in Time Count of people experiencing homelessness. Create and execute a comprehensive training packet for volunteers for the Point-in-Time Count.
8. Prepare forms, collect, and analyze data from the Point-in-Time Count and Housing Inventory Count, and write the statewide annual report.
9. Performs other eligible related activities of the CoC Planning grant as assigned.
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: 1. Associates Degree. 2. An Associate’s Degree may be substituted, on a year-for-year basis, for equivalent experience with administrative/technical/office practices, social services, and/or related skills.
Two years of administrative/technical work, including public contact, with a preference for someone with experience in the fields of human services/housing, public service, community development, planning, communications and/or a related topics. Experience can be gained by volunteer service opportunities.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrate a strong commitment to the inter-related missions of both the VT Coalition to End Homelessness and VSHA to end homelessness and poverty.
2. Respect a variety of diverse backgrounds, experiences and opinions.
3. Ability to learn, adapt, communicate calmly and professionally, and develop effective working relationships.
4. Aptitude of sensitivity in dealing with confidential information and adhering to policies.
5. Ability to meet goals and objectives, set by VSHA and VCEH, within a specific timeframe.
6. Possess strong organizational skills; ability to plan and organize a varied workload; quickly identify priorities; operate under stress, work independently when needed, and refer to VSHA for clarifications of policy/practices, program regulations, etc.
7. Demonstrate skillset in meeting and training facilitation, strategic planning, and public speaking.
8. Strong ability to work independently to identify barriers on the way to completing a task and creatively problem solve.
9. Ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, and other computerized programs as well as general office equipment accurately and proficiently. (WordPress, MailChimp, Excel, Google Suite preferred)
10. Ability to collect pertinent and detailed data from a wide variety of sources maintaining detailed, thorough and accurate files.
The half-time position will be an employee of Capstone, which is the fiscal agent of VCEH, and offers a competitive salary and benefits package. . Capstone Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged. Qualifications for positions within Capstone Community Action are determined by the duties and responsibilities of the position itself. Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Renee Weeks at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org