Website Vermont Community Loan Fund
The Vermont Community Loan Fund (VCLF) is a mission-first, community-focused lender and impact investment fund. We provide flexible financing and other resources to those who are unserved or underserved by traditional lenders, including local businesses, community organizations, early care & learning providers and developers of affordable housing. We develop and promote innovative capital-based solutions to issues of poverty and opportunity. Learn more at www.investinvermont.org.
The capital we lend is invested with us by impact investors seeking a “community return” as well as a financial return. VCLF investors want a safe, sensible way to invest in Vermont, doing good for Vermonters today and saving for their own tomorrow. Individuals & families, institutions, corporations and philanthropists, communities of faith: EVERYONE can invest in Vermont through the Vermont Community Loan Fund.
VCLF is hiring an Investment & Grant Manager to focus on impact investment, donation and grant management, investor and donor relations, events, and support for the Board of Directors. This position reports to the Director of Investment & Philanthropy.
Diversity, justice, and inclusion are key values within VCLF. We are committed to building and sustaining an inclusive, equitable working environment for our staff. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
Currently, VCLF staff are working remotely. Infrastructure and tools have been put into place to facilitate staff and external-facing communications. Under normal circumstances, this position will be based out of the corporate office in Montpelier, VT.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages investment forms and processes, including origination, renewals and monthly & annual reconciliations, form/system updates & special projects
• Prepares and maintains investment documents and files
• Communicates with investors and prospects
Donation and Grant Management
• Manages grant and donation processes, including forms, filing and communications, reconciliations, form/system updates & special projects
• Coordinates with Finance Department on grant and investment reporting
• Performs grant research, copywriting and reporting
• Communicates with donors and prospects
• Performs annual gift and investment analyses
• Manages annual fundraising appeal mailing
• Manages contact, donor and investor/investment data in MIMOTA
• Creates mailing & contact lists for all marketing, capitalization and fundraising communications
• Manages contact and investor/investment information in Nortridge Loan Systems
• Manages social impact databases
• Arranges, supports and documents Board meetings & gatherings
• Manages Board & Committee communications, including board mailings and orientation materials
• Manages internal and external event planning and production
Successful Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for this Position:
• Ability to listen actively, and communicate effectively, empathetically, professionally, and efficiently, both orally and in writing, to a varied audience.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports and summaries as needed.
• Ability to be organized, detail oriented, and ability to manage time and priorities independently.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently, and collaboratively.
• Motivated by and dedicated to social and economic opportunities for all.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for the Position:
• Proficiency with contact and/or donor database systems
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Access, email and the internet
VCLF is an equal opportunity employer. This position is a 40-hour-per-week, non-exempt position with generous benefits including health, retirement, and paid leave. Beginning wage range is $19.00 – $24.00 per hour.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or VCLF, PO Box 827, Montpelier, VT 05601.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org