Website Vermont Foodbank
Warehouse Worker & Driver – Barre
The Vermont Foodbank is the largest hunger-relief organization in Vermont. We supply over 250 food shelves, meal sites, senior centers, and afterschool programs with the food they need to feed as many at 153,000 Vermonters each year.
The Vermont Foodbank’s work culture is progressive, forward thinking, and equity minded. Staff have the opportunity to fully develop their potential in a variety of ways: as organizational leaders, in shaping programs and advocacy efforts, and in working towards a future where no one in Vermont will go hungry. Join our growing team!
This position primarily involves receipt, warehousing, fulfillment, inventory, delivery, and management of all products stored in the Vermont Foodbank warehouses. This position will be located in our Barre Distribution Center. The Vermont Foodbank is a growing, dynamic organization which is experiencing increased demand and competing priorities. The successful candidate will have the ability to positively respond to a quickly changing environment and will be able to maintain accuracy while engaged in multiple tasks.
· This job has shared responsibilities and will be directed according to work flow needs of the organization.
· This position will be taking direction from the Logistic Supervisor and the Warehouse Supervisor.
· This position must be prepared to work in various temperatures in-house and out on the road depending on the organization’s need.
· This position requires flexibility for last minute changes depending on the needs for the day.
· In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, Vermont Foodbank is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all of its employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.
The anticipated hourly wage is $17.00. The Vermont Foodbank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.vtfoodbank.org.