Website Vermont Foundation of Recovery
Make a difference in the lives of Vermonters suffering from Substance Use Disorders
About the Vermont Foundation of Recovery (VFOR)
VFOR is a Vermont-based non-profit organization operated by people in recovery from alcohol and other Substance Use Disorders. Our mission is to create a state-wide network of recovery homes to help people suffering from substance use disorders re-assimilate into society by supporting the transitions from active use to recovery to independent living.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working with the leadership team and board, the Director leads all external relations, advocacy, and development activities for the organization. Primary responsibilities are to sustain, steward, and identify donors and funding from private and public sources, lead all marketing and public relations functions, and advocate for VFOR and recovery initiatives while tracking and supporting public policy. This is a new position established in October 2023. The successful candidate will be a driven self-starter who is creative, entrepreneurial, and capable of managing multiple priorities within a small leadership team in a dynamic, collaborative organization.
- At least five years of experience in overseeing external relations, communications and/or fundraising, ideally for a grant and donor-funded nonprofit organization.
- Passion for Vermont Foundation of Recovery’s mission and for the power of recovery housing. Personal experience with recovery from Substance Use preferred.
- Experience identifying, writing, and successfully securing grants from public and private sources.
- Fundraising leadership experience developing and executing a comprehensive multi-faceted annual development plan and track record of identifying, qualifying, and cultivating new donor prospects.
- Advocacy experience interfacing with legislative and government officials preferred.
- Experience in public relations and marketing with a focus in digital and social media platforms.
- Strong technical skills and experience with a CRM/donor database.
Compensation and Location
Annual salary of $60,000 – $65,000 with excellent benefit package. This is a full-time position that must be based in Vermont, with the opportunity for a hybrid but primarily remote work schedule.
How to Apply:
- VFOR is partnering with McArdle & Associates for this search. Interested candidates should send a personalized letter of interest and resume to Scott McArdle at [email protected]. Confidential inquiries welcome. Full job description available here: https://www.vfor.org/employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.vfor.org.