Website Vermont Fresh Network
The Vermont Fresh Network (VFN) is a 501(c)3 organization founded in 1996 to promote connections between farmers and chefs, and engage the dining public in supporting the local food system.
Our network is diverse and includes a range of culinary professionals, along with farmers and food artisans. Over the last 25 years, VFN has been instrumental in building a flourishing food and farm economy in Vermont by connecting local farmers and producers with chefs, institutions and other new markets. We support transparency and verification in local foods marketing; VFN Partner Members meet established criteria for purchasing from local farm partners.
Vermont Fresh Network also oversees and manages DigInVT, a collaborative agricultural and culinary tourism website that combines the information of multiple member-based organizations to create a portal for finding authentic food and farm experiences in Vermont. Our signature event, the Annual Forum Dinner at Shelburne Farms, gathers the best of our food community together for a celebration of our top chefs and farmers. We undertake a variety of projects each year, from agricultural and culinary tourism to market development around specific Vermont products to participation in statewide policy initiatives.
We are currently hiring for a Membership & Communications Manager. This is an exempt, full-time, permanent position, reporting to the Executive Director.
- Overseeing new member recruitment and managing annual renewals.
- Ensuring the accuracy of the Vermont Fresh Network member database, and that it is meeting the needs of the organization.
- Maintaining communication with VFN’s members, supporters, and prospective members.
- Developing content for our websites, e-marketing and other communication channels. This includes preparing a regular e-newsletter, regular social media updates, and informational materials.
- Managing the planning and execution of annual events and fundraisers.
- Acting as support for new member initiatives and yearly projects
- A desire to support Vermont Fresh Network’s mission in local food
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Friendly, creative, and adept at relationship building
- Able to work independently, managing a diverse workload, as well as work in collaboration with a team
- Proven ability to communicate to a variety of audiences through social media, web content, earned media, blogs, etc.
- Project management experience
- Experience with website content management systems and nonprofit donor management software, a plus. (We use Little Green Light.)
- Access to a personal laptop and vehicle
- Knowledge of Vermont’s food and farm community
- Event planning and fundraising experience
- Familiarity with membership-based organizations
The Membership & Communications Manager will be expected to work independently while meeting project goals and timelines developed with the Executive Director.
This position offers significant flexibility in location and work schedule. Occasional travel will be required to meet with members in different regions of the state. The salary range for this position is $40,000 – $45,000.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Membership & Communications Manager Application. If you are invited to an interview, we will ask for three references and a brief writing sample at that time. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis.
The Vermont Fresh Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and individuals from diverse and often underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.