Website Vermont Garden Network
The Co-Executive Director, Director of Philanthropy & Communications, is part of a shared leadership structure that governs the operations and program delivery of the Vermont Garden Network. This position reports to the Board or Directors and collaborates with the Co-Executive Director, Director of Programs & Partnerships to educate, support and connect gardeners across the state of Vermont. The Co-Executive Directors are supported by a team of staff that they manage. At VGN we believe in the power of people growing food to strengthen food security, promote food justice and build community, and we want every Vermonter to have access to the space and resources they need to be successful in growing some of their own. This position will support those goals by taking on the planning and organizational management, financial management, fundraising and revenue growth, and communications and outreach duties.
Planning & Organizational Management
• Build and work with the Board of Directors to develop and fulfill VGN’s mission and strategic plans and to address issues affecting the organization
• Guided by VGN’s organizational framework and guiding principles, work with board and staff to implement goals and strategies for impactful statewide programming
• Work with the board and staff to develop marketing and fundraising plans that support the strategic plan and coordinate the execution of these plans.
• Prepare and execute annual and program specific budgets to achieve financial goals.
• Develop actionable plans for fundraising and managing cash flow; Provide the board with comprehensive, regular reports on VGN revenues and expenditures.
Fundraising & Revenue
• Oversee the implementation of all fundraising goals, programs, activities, and events.
• Manage relationships and secure financial support from diverse sources including foundations, state and federal government, corporations and individual donors
• Submit grant proposals for project specific and general operating support; understand and guarantee targets and deliverables, monitor compliance and oversee reporting
• Implement fundraising events and campaigns, and oversee related communications, including website, marketing collateral, newsletters, and social media
• Oversee membership drive activities and build strategy for effective communication, activation and sustainability of the membership program; Implement strategies to authentically engage members with meaningful benefits and experiences
Communications & Outreach
• Develop mission centric messaging that staff, board and supporters can easily convey.
• Oversee functionality of the VGN website, evaluate and manage website performance, facilitate hosting and server management, and develop, maintain and update website content.
• Serve as a public face of VGN ensure the organization is represented well throughout all Vermont communities and to new and existing partners and funders.
• Commitment to DEI work
• Three or more years in nonprofit administration and management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
• Proven success with fundraising activities, including cultivating major donors and grant writing, administration, and reporting.
• Demonstrated experience with budgeting, conducting detailed financial analysis and project management.
• Experience managing direct reports.
• Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with community-based agriculture and/or garden development desired.
• Demonstrated commitment to VGN’s values and mission.
• Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
• Critical thinker who can think outside the box.
• Energetic and consistent communicator.
• Engaged learner able to identify and utilize internal and external information sources to constantly improve performance.
• Adept at time management and delegation.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Hannah Harrington, VGN Board President, at [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit vtgardens.org.