Website Vermont Housing & Conservation Board
VHCB administers a $100 million (+) annual budget which includes a variety of programs and funding sources, including a portion of the State Property Transfer Tax, and a variety of federal sources. VHCB works closely with not-for-profit partners throughout Vermont, in order to fund affordable housing and conservation projects, and also runs several programs that contribute to the success of its mission such as the Healthy & Lead Safe Homes Program, a statewide AmeriCorps program, and the Farm & Forest Viability Program. VHCB’s financial team supports the wide breadth of activities of the Board, and is instrumental in designing and implementing systems that provide an appropriate balance of accountability, compliance and flexibility in carrying out the mission.
The Controller works as part of the Financial Team, bringing a strong background in financial management, solid accounting skills, and an aptitude for analysis to lead the preparation of monthly financial statements, ensure the accurate accounting and reporting of federal and state grants management, lead the management of VHCB’s loan portfolio, and support program staff in the analysis of grant and program financial performance. The Controller will provide guidance and oversight of work for the Assistant Controller and Financial Assistant. The Controller position provides excellent opportunity for growth within the organization.
The Vermont Housing and Conservation Board is an innovative and award winning organization working to ensure affordable housing, farmland, jobs, and recreational assets for every generation of Vermonters.
- Experience with handling the process of managing a complex general ledger to the preparation of periodic multi-fund financial statements;
- A strong accounting background with an aptitude for analysis of fiscal data.
- A minimum of five+ years’ in accounting. A degree in accounting or similar field helpful, but not required.
- Working knowledge of governmental and/or fund accounting and GAAP;
- Experience with federal grants management and federal administrative regulations;
- Strong analytic skills, stellar attention to detail and concern for accuracy; ability to work well with others as part of team during cyclical periods of high demand; good organizational and time management skills, and work well independently;
- Skill or interest in leadership.
- Advanced use of Excel, various accounting software packages, pdf and word processing software. Experience with databases and document management systems helpful;
- Demonstration of a curious nature, creative and energetic personality, and a commitment to the VHCB mission.
- Licensed Certified Public Account is helpful but not required.
$81,000-$95,000, commensurate with experience and education. Excellent comprehensive benefits package including generous health care plan, dental coverage, life insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, retirement plan, paid time off, Employee Assistance Program, and more.
VHCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category legally protected by federal or state law. VHCB encourages applications from all individuals who will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the organization.
To apply for this job please visit www.vhcb.org.