Website Vermont Youth AmeriCorps
Apply to serve as an AmeriCorps member with VYDC!
The Vermont Youth Development Corps (VYDC) AmeriCorps State Program promotes hope, justice, and wellbeing for all Vermont youth. Serving at innovative organizations, VYDC members advance positive youth development and encourage healthy choices fostering the resilience needed to make positive life decisions and avoid unhealthy behaviors, such as opioid misuse and substance use.
On a typical day of service, members could:
- Connect youth to their community through projects and dialogue.
- Support youth in exploring the outdoors, playing sports, learning yoga…
- Counsel youth & provide substance-free spaces to build connection with peers.
- Engage youth in STEM, academic, arts, and job skills programs.
- Build food security via gardening, cooking, and nutrition classes.
- Manage volunteers & seek non-federal resources to sustain programs.
- Oversee social media and community outreach.
Benefits of service include:
- Living Allowance
- Education Award
- Healthcare Coverage
- Qualified Childcare Assistance
- Professional Development
- Qualified Student Loan Forbearance
- Qualified Student Loan Deferment
Service sites include:
- Addison Central Teens (Middlebury)
- All-4-One (Springfield)
- The Collaborative (Londonderry)
- Echo Leahy Center (Burlington)
- Essex Chips (Essex Junction)
- Governor’s Institutes of Vermont (Winooski)
- The In-Sight Photography Project (Brattleboro)
- Maplehill School & Community Farm (Plainfield & Marshfield)
- Twinfield Together Mentoring Program (Plainfield)
- Spectrum Youth & Family Services (Burlington & St. Albans)
- Washington County Youth Service Bureau Basement Teen Center (Montpelier)
- Vermont Youth Development Corps (Berlin)
- Willowell Foundation (Addison County):
- The Walden Project
- Wren’s Nest Forest Preschool
- City of Winooski Community Services Department (Winooski)
To explore service opportunities and apply:
- Go to my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/publicRequestSearch.do.
- Under “Program Name” type VYDC.
- All currently recruiting VYDC sites will appear.
- Apply to all positions of interest.
Questions? Need help applying? Contact us at: email@example.com or (802) 229-9151.