Website VNAs of Vermont
WHAT IS THE VNAs OF VERMONT?
The VNAs of Vermont is the trade association for Vermont’s local independent, not-for-profit home health and hospice agencies. The VNAs of Vermont represents home health and hospice agencies in the legislative and regulatory arenas, creates educational opportunities for agency leaders and staff, and provides a forum for member agencies to share best practices.
The member agencies of the VNAs of Vermont provide a full range of high-quality home health and hospice services to the people of every city and town in Vermont, regardless of ability to pay. Each year, member agencies deliver more than a million home visits by nurses, speech therapists, physical and occupational therapists, wound care specialists, social workers, home health aides, personal care attendants and others.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS, POLICY AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS?
This part-time position oversees public-facing written communications, assists the Executive Director with government relations and association operations and supports the members of the VNAs of Vermont.
Our ideal candidate is a skilled communicator and researcher. They are a facilitator, a connector, and a results-oriented problem solver who is excited about being an advocate for high-quality home health and hospice care for Vermonters.
WHAT ARE THE KEY FUNCTIONS FOR THIS ROLE?
- Oversee public-facing communication platforms such as the website, newsletter, blog posts and social media accounts; liaise with web-design vendor as necessary.
- Oversee and promote the Association’s corporate sponsorship program.
- Field media inquiries and draft press releases and op-eds, with support from an external communications firm.
- Assist the Executive Director in maintaining an effective government relations program that represents the interest of the Association membership to the Vermont federal delegation in Washington, the Vermont Legislature, government agencies, and others as appropriate. As assigned by the executive director on selected policy issues:
- Research and develop positions, working closely with experts from member agencies to understand member needs.
- Follow policy issues of interest to home health and hospice agencies in the legislature, Green Mountain Care Board, the Agency of Human Services and at the federal level.
- Advocate for members, including by providing testimony or representing the VNAs of Vermont in meetings.
- Provide education and support to members as they implement new legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Provide staff support to various VNAs of Vermont “affinity groups” and special committees such as the hospice directors, the long-term care coordinators, the quality directors, and the clinical directors.
- Assist the Executive Director in coordinating the activities of the Board of Directors and committees, including planning board meetings.
- Liaison with the state association partners who provide education to members through webinars, in-person events, and regional conferences.
- Assist the Executive Director with the operations of the association.
- Ensure a professional image and reputation of the VNAs of Vermont.
WHAT ARE THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES THAT WOULD HELP SOMEONE SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE?
- Three to five years of experience in communications, policy, advocacy, or related field.
- Knowledge of the health care system, especially home health and hospice, preferred.
- Experience with the legislative and regulatory process preferred.
- Demonstrated skills as a facilitator.
- Effective and persuasive communicator, with a collaborative approach.
- Experience with public-facing communication materials.
- Demonstrated capacity to quickly absorb and synthesize new information.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of skills and experience required. Master’s Degree preferred in Communications, Health Administration, Public Policy, Business or related field.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Position is open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@vnavt.org