Website Washington County Youth Service Bureau/Boys & Girls Club
The Washington County Youth Service Bureau/Boys & Girls Club is seeking a 60% FTE (22.5 hours/week) Master’s level clinician to provide case management, crisis intervention and individual or family counseling for youth ages 12-22 in the Washington County area who are at risk for homelessness, have run away or been pushed out of their homes and are at risk of involvement with the Juvenile Justice/Child Welfare system. A fulltime position will be considered for the right candidate. The counselor will be responsible for responding to incoming referrals and determining the appropriate course of action; will manage a caseload of 9-12 clients; and will develop and implement an individual plan of care for each case. The Counselor is responsible for comprehensive case management, quality documentation and complying with data collection and reporting requirements. All administrative, clinical and case management services are completed under the supervision of the Director of the Country Roads Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual and/or family therapy
- Meet regularly with clients individually and facilitate/co-facilitate support group work (when active or applicable).
- Meet with clients, families, treatment teams or community partners as determined to develop goal-oriented plans and to monitor and document progress.
- Facilitate transportation needs/plans when needed.
- Provide case management or resource coordination.
- Conduct intakes and assessments.
- Maintain all necessary program documentation, setting and meeting outlined program outcomes and measures.
- Participate in on-call program rotation as scheduled (24/7 on-call generally 3-4 times per year including additional compensation).
- Actively support and maintain relationships with the shelter parents program.
- Make referrals for appropriate support services.
- Attend regularly scheduled supervisory, clinical support and program meetings.
- Represent the YSB mission and positive relationships.
- Attend workshops and trainings in the field with supervisory permission to maintain licensure or apprenticeship certification Other duties as assigned by supervisor or YSB Administrative Team.
- An advanced degree (MS, MA, MSW, PhD. etc.) in Human Services, Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or a related field, with a demonstrated knowledge of family-centered, strength-based practice, positive youth development and prevention-based practices.
- Experience counseling youth or young adults.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people including professionals and parents while maintaining an awareness of each individual’s needs and strengths.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
This is a 60% FTE position (22.5 hours per week) and could be a fulltime position for the right candidate. The Country Roads Program team is comprised of one part-time (60% FTE) Director, the 60% FTE Counselor and two interns. The team meets formally at least once a week. Individual supervision is provided at least once per week. Client treatment and case management at the Bureau is collaborative. All Bureau employees attend a morning staff meeting once a month, as well as periodic staff development activities.
This position is being offered based on a 22.5 hour work-week. A fulltime position will be considered for the right candidate.
Level 5 Counselor (60% FTE): $22,2000 – $25,800
Level 5 Counselor (100% FTE) $37,000 – $43,000
Benefits: 60% FTE / 100% FTE
Vacation Allowance: 9 days / 15 days
Personal Days: 1.8 days / 3 days
Holidays: 7.2 days / 12 days
Sick Leave: 6 days / 10 days
Health Insurance: Yes
Long Term Disability: Yes
Life Insurance: Yes
- Please submit cover letter, resume and 3 references
- Background check required
- Position open until filled
- Washington County Youth Service Bureau/Boys & Girls Club is an EOE
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com