Website Youth Services
Are you wanting to make a positive change in our community? Are you open to learning and growing with a team dedicated to supporting young people?
Position Title: Friends For Change Youth Center Support Staff
Who is Friends For Change?
Friends For Change (FFC) is a youth center based in Bellows Falls Vermont. FFC hosts programs for youth and young adults ages 11-22. FFC is a safe and supportive place that
was created in 2014 with historically marginalized and underserved youth. We are youth-led/adult-guided, value play, and use a restorative justice framework to address
conflict. Here’s how our youth describe us:
“FFC is a place to be weird and funny. We are comforting and loving, there are a bunch of people who will support you. We are similar but different and that’s good! Like me, it’s good that I am Mexican!”
“Some people don’t have people they can talk to and open up but FFC allows you to do that.”
What will I be doing? How will I make a difference?
The FFC support staff will make a difference in our community by…
● Working 20 flexible hours per week at $22 per hour
● Supporting afterschool and summer programs for youth ages 11-18 (2-3 days per week from 2-6 pm)
● Planning and preparing snack and program supplies
● Transporting program participants (company vehicle)
● Collaborating through google suites with team members and community partners
● Coordinating play-based activities
● Cleaning youth center facility: trash removal, mopping, dusting, etc.
● Joining a collaborative and supportive team that is flexible and committed to seeing each other as whole people beyond our job roles
What the youth are looking for:
● “Be fun, act silly, and have a sense of humor.”
● “Be compassionate, nice, and supportive.”
● “We want someone laid back, who’s not uptight, who can be themself with us.”
● “Ask us how we are doing, take the time to check in on us when we are alone.”
● “Please don’t be mean or yell at us.”
● “No homophobia or Racism!”
● “You gotta be OK with how we talk and act, don’t be offended by cursing.”
● “Be cool and chill, and willing to participate.”
Hiring until filled.
Position guaranteed through June 2025 with strong possibility of continued employment.
How can I be considered for the position?
● Valid driver’s license and insurance
● Consenting to background screenings and driver history check as applicable to working with youth
All are welcome to apply regardless of education or experience. A great match would include people with:
● Lived experience related to generational trauma
● Experience working with youth and/or families in a volunteer, internship, or paid position
● Knowledge of adolescent development
● Experience with outdoor and/or play based learning
● Peer Support training or experience
● Experience with organizing and maintaining a space
Those who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, Neurodivergent, Low Socioeconomic Status are highly encouraged to apply!
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to [email protected] . We will
be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
Compensation: $22 per hour with prorated paid time off. Also includes access to employee assistance plan, retirement plan, life insurance, long term disability and optional
supplemental insurance plans through payroll deduction.
Youth Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org