Otter Creek is currently working on an expansion project that will increase daily capacity from 45 child care slots to 139 child care slots. The Community Childcare Expansion Project is a cooperative effort of families, Otter Creek Child Center, College Street Children’s Center, Middlebury College, the Early Care and Learning Partnership, Champlain Valley Early Head Start, Let’s Grow Kids, Building Bright Futures, Addison County Economic Development Commission, area employers, educational institutions, and towns. It responds to a decade-long concern by families and employers about the lack of high-quality affordable care, addresses an urgent need for infant, toddler and preschool-age childcare in our community, and provides an important boost to the local economy.
General Position Description
The Expansion Project Consultant works closely with the Executive Director and the Expansion Committee in the overall management of the Expansion Project, including program development, capital development and fundraising, and communications.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Assist Executive Director in program development
- Merge policies and procedures from Otter Creek Child Center and College Street Children’s Center
- Developing all expansion related correspondence
- Maintain up-to-date information on the expansion project website
- Press Releases regarding the expansion
- Create promotion materials
- Plan and organize promotional events
- Capital Development and Fundraising
- Create development and fundraising calendar
- Research grant opportunities
- Setting up meetings
- Creating documents and preparing packets for presentations
- Assisting the expansion committee with miscellaneous tasks
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- 3 – 5 years of direct professional experience
- Excellent project management skills, able to balance multiple competing priorities
- Careful attention to detail; ability to track and rectify any discrepancies, however small.
- Able to operate with minimal supervision, with initiative and discretion.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must clear full background check.
- Associate’s Degree in child care administration or business management.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Part-time; temporary position
- Determined by years of experience and education level.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Linda January, Executive Director
150 Weybridge Street
Middlebury, VT 05753
About Otter Creek Child Center:
Otter Creek Child Center was founded in 1984 in a turn-of-the –century farmhouse and strives to maintain the homelike atmosphere it provides. A private, non-profit organization, the center serves children ranging in ages, 6 weeks to 6 years. Otter Creek is committed to providing high quality early care and education for all families. We believe diversity is an essential part of any community of learners.
Otter Creek strives to be a leader in early childhood education by offering a curriculum which respects the rights of children and reflects their ability to construct their own knowledge. Interactions between teachers and children are nurturing, caring, and respectful of children’s individual needs.