Thank you to our state and federal partners for providing information and resources to help Vermont nonprofits plan for the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Common Good Vermont will update this page as more resources and information come available.
Vermont Nonprofit COVID-19 Questionnaire: Share stories, resources, and information. Click Here.
Before a COVID-19 outbreak occurs in your community: Plan
A COVID-19 outbreak could last for weeks or even months in your community. Depending on the severity of the outbreak, public health officials may recommend community actions to reduce spread of COVID-19. Local public health officials may make recommendations appropriate to your local situation, such as flexible sick-leave and telework policies and temporary school dismissals.
Establish ongoing communication with your local public health department to facilitate access to relevant information before and during an outbreak.
Having a good contingency plan in place and developing flexible policies and procedures to accommodate public health recommendations can help reduce infection. During your planning process, remember to engage key partners across both public and private sectors, such as local businesses, schools, other community- and faith-based organizations, and community leaders. Also, the specific details of your plan should be based on the extent of the outbreak and the size of your organization and workforce, complexity of your day-to-day operations, and type of on-site and off-site services your organization provides to vulnerable populations.
Connect to community-wide planning.
Find out if your local government has a private-public emergency planning group that meets regularly. Building strong alliances before an outbreak may provide your organization with the support and resources needed to respond effectively. Also, in recognition of the “whole community” approach to emergency planning and management, your input as community leaders and stakeholders helps ensure the completeness and representativeness of your local government’s emergency operations plan.
- During a COVID-19 outbreak: Act
- After a COVID-19 outbreak has ended in your community: Follow Up
- Readiness Resources
Source: CDC Interim Guidance: Get Your Community- and Faith-Based Organizations Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Information & Resources:
- Updates & Resources
- Resources for schools, child care programs and colleges
- Translated Materials
- Information for health care professionals
- Guidance for long-term care facilities
- Vermont 211: Call for questions and resources
- Chamber of Commerce Coronavirus Resource guide
- Agency of Education News (Guidance for schools)
- Vermont Emergency Management (VT-Alerts & School Safety Center)
- Health Department daily update on novel coronavirus (VBM)
- Webinar: Coronavirus: Keeping Our Communities Safe (Recording)UVM Health Network
- What Can I Do to Avoid CoronaVirus (Video) UVM Health Network
Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
- Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Information About the Coronavirus
- Information for Travel
- Stop the Spread of Germs (Poster Download)
- Handwashing Signage (Print, Download, Order)
- Handwashing Resources (Stickers, Posters, Videos)
World Health Organization (WHO):
- Situation Dashboard (live updates)
- Basic protective measures against the new coronavirus (Downloads & Video)
- Risk communication and community engagement
- Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19 (Download)
- Myth busters (Downloadable Graphics)
- When and how to use masks (Video & Downloadable Graphics)
- Informational Videos
- A guide to preventing and addressing social stigma associated with COVID-19 (Download)
Nonprofit Resources & Information:
- VBSR Launches Webinar Series: Coronavirus Response Resources for Businesses
- National Council on Nonprofits: COVID-19 Information
- Get Your Community- and Faith-Based Organizations Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Webinar: “Prepare for COVID19”, a free webinar March 18th at 1pm Eastern.
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), February 2020
- Your Organisation and Coronavirus
Management & Operations
- Lead Your Business Through the Coronavirus Crisis from Harvard Business Review
- Nonprofit Governance: Coronavirus and COVID-19
- Contingency Planning Checklist NFP (Download)
- Nonprofit HR is has created a Coronavirus Digital Information Portal
- Tuck Consulting Group offers free and discounted project management services to nonprofits impacted by COVID-19
Remote Working & Online Tools
- Tech Impact & Idealware Launch a Webinar Series Related to COVID-19
- How to Get Free Conferencing Tools From Google and Microsoft for the Next Few Months
- Beth Kanter: Virtual Meeting Tips!
- Facebook Quick Action Guide for Small Businesses
- Facebook Small Business Resilience Toolkit
- Wild Apricot: A Guide to Remote Working for Nonprofits
- Telework Program Policy from Global Workplace Analytics
- San Mateo County Telework Policy
Fundraising & Development
- Bridgespan Group: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resources for Nonprofits and Funders
- Bloomerang: During Fear & Uncertainty – How to Fundraise? (Webinar Recording)
- Ignited Fundraising: Uncertain Times Mean Making New Plans
- Nonprofit Finance Fund: COVID-19 Tools and Resources for Nonprofits
- 6 Steps for Grant Makers to Take Now to Ensure Nonprofits Recover From Coronavirus Spread
- COVID-19: What Nonprofits Should Do Right Now
- As Coronavirus Threat Continues, Experts Tell Nonprofits to Shore Up Reserves
- Free resources for creating a Coronavirus Appeal: Downloadable Appeal Letters (General, donation thank you, arts organisation, hospice template appeal letter, and more)
- Panela Grow: Thank you call script (PDF)
- Candid: Update on the philanthropic response to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Candid: Funders respond to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 8 Steps for Successful Fundraising During the Coronavirus Crisis
- Conferences Canceled: The Impact of the COVID-19 Coronavirus on Development Efforts
- How to write an Emergency E-Appeal if your organization is being affected by the Coronavirus, by Steven Screen
- One Cause: Nonprofit Guide to Virtual Fundraising in 2020
Programming & Services
- COVID-19: Interim guidance for large events and mass gatherings (CDC)
- As Coronavirus spreads, should your event be prepared? includes “10 Steps Event Planners Can Take to Minimize the Risk”
Disaster Planning & Emergency Preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness Draft Plan for COVID-19 and other emergencies (TechSoup)
- TechSoup disaster planning
- Emergency preparedness checklist for nonprofits
- Governor Phil Scott has issued a “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order.
- VTDigger: As the coronavirus spreads, what happens to Vermont’s hourly workers?
- Nonprofits Work to Protect Employees and Volunteers as Coronavirus Threat Grows
- Coronavirus Brings Nonprofits Unexpected Costs Even at Its Earliest Stages
- Charities restrict travel, eye coronavirus protections
- 6 Ways Universities Are Responding To Coronavirus
- Heads Up! Says Vu Le: Foundations, Nonprofits, and Our Response to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Brings Nonprofits High Unexpected Costs
- Nonprofit AF: A few things for nonprofits and foundations to consider in light of the Coronavirus
As Vermont’s member of the National Council of Nonprofits, we are in ongoing conversations with partners across the nation. Please visit this page regularly as we update new information and resources.