About Common Good Vermont
Connect. Learn. Thrive.
Common Good Vermont believes that Vermont’s 4500+ nonprofit organizations are part of a larger social economy designed to improve the well-being of our people and environment. Vermont’s nonprofit sector impacts every single resident of Vermont.
The Result We Seek: A thriving nonprofit sector able to contribute to the well-being of Vermont.
Common Good Vermont is the only statewide organization in Vermont dedicated to uniting and strengthening all of the mission-driven organizations that serve the Green Mountain State. Common Good Vermont serves as the “go to” resource for our peers to share resources, gain skills, and build partnerships. This work is made possible through meaningful collaboration with many local, regional and state leaders, pointed toward a thriving nonprofit sector able to contribute to the well-being of Vermont.
Indicators of Success
Through our work, Common Good Vermont focuses on increasing the leadership, accountability, sustainability and advocacy capacity of our fellow nonprofits and allies. If we are successful:
- Vermont’s nonprofit sector will be regarded as efficient, effective and essential.
- Vermont nonprofit staff, board and supporters will have easy and affordable access to mission-critical resources.
Connect with Common Good Vermont
To this end, we offer a variety of services to the entire mission-driven community of Vermont:
- Multi-Media Resources: Our active web commons, live webcasts, weekly Vermont Nonprofit News and special editions of Vermont Legislative Digest, Leadership Vermont, and Measuring What Matters.
- Timely Training and Networking Events that range from our annual Vermont Nonprofit Legislative Day to Let’s Talk Shop! Regional Mixers, live call in shows and quick video training segments.
- Strategic Collaborations, such as our work with Benchmarks for a Better Vermont, the Vermont Accountability Group, and Leadership Vermont, and,
- Special Data Projects, including the 2014 Vermont Compensation Report.
Common Good Vermont was launched in 2008 with the support of the Vermont Community Foundation and the A.D. Henderson Foundation, to meet the capacity building needs of the state’s nonprofit community and to strengthen the network of staff, board, consultants and allies working on Vermont’s behalf. Inspired by the previous work of the Vermont Association of Nonprofit Organizations (VANPO) and The Future of Vermont’s Nonprofit Sector: A Framework for Stewardship and Success (Grafton Conference, 2007), Common Good Vermont has grown into a network of 4500 people who attend events, share resources, subscribe to regular communications, and lead us into the future. The work could not be done without our partners and underwriters. Common Good Vermont is run by CCTV Center for Media & Democracy, founded in 1984, to build communities through media and collaboration.
Get In Touch
Common Good Vermont‘s Director is Morgan Webster, you can reach her at Director@CommonGoodVT.org or 802.862.1645 x21.
Support Common Good Vermont and donate today!