Date(s) - September 13, 2022
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Fee: $89 with discount code "NCN"
Register at: https://www.minnesotanonprofits.org/events/event-detail/2022/09/13/default-calendar/beginner-grantseeking-sept-13
Common Good VT is pleased to partner with the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits to present this shared webinar. Please contact [email protected] with questions about this event.
Where does the grantseeking process start? How do you find funders interested in your organization and your programs? There are proven tactics for finding funders that are a good fit for your organization–and plentiful resources online–many of them free!
In this three-hour live online training, we’ll discuss the best ways to begin grantseeking (which is closer than you think!), explore four good places to start looking, work through a proven process for finding funder information, discover how to “dig deeper” into a foundation’s interests, and determine the best way for you to start capturing what you are learning about your organization and its potential funders.
This training is specifically designed to help you gain important grantseeking competencies and skills related to researching, identifying, and matching funding resources to meet specific needs. Through this training, you will:
- Know more about major trends in grant funding
- Apply methods of locating funding sources
- Explore techniques to learn about specific funders
- Determine the right method for maintaining, tracking, and updating information on potential funders
- Identify fundable programs and projects for your organization
- Locate best matches between funders and specific programs
- Interpret grant application request for proposal (RFP) guidelines and requirements to accurately assess funder intent
Workshop participants will receive a digital copy of the Handbook for Successful Grant Writing that covers topics ranging from research and planning to a glossary of commonly used terms. The Handbook is only available to participants and is not otherwise for sale.
This session focuses on the nonprofit funding landscape and the process of seeking grants. The second session in this series is Beginning Grantwriting, which centers around writing grants. There is also an Intermediate Grantwriting session that serves as a writing workshop.
You can find all grant workshops in this series HERE.
Note: Use code the NCN to register at the discounted member rate.
- This virtual event will take place on the Zoom platform. Your access link will be emailed to you the day before the event after 12 p.m.
- This session will be recorded. The recording will be made available to registrants after the live event.
- Captioning is provided automatically through Zoom. For information on requesting CART, ASL, or another accommodation, please visit our Registration Policies page.
- To learn more about events, registration, and payment, visit our Event & Registration FAQ page.
Crystal Nutt is a grants consultant with a passion for serving organizations that empower people and build community. Her services enable nonprofits to focus on existing responsibilities while streamlining revenue-producing grants and engaging communications. Crystal has 15+ years of advancement experience and is most often recognized for her ability to lead strategically, write and communicate effectively and manage details thoroughly. With expertise in health and human services, education and workforce development, she has secured millions in funding throughout her career. Crystal has a marketing communications degree from the University of Wisconsin – River Falls and serves on the board of directors for the Grant Professionals Association Northstar Chapter.