Date(s) - March 2, 2023
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Fee: $89 with promocode NCN
Register at: https://www.minnesotanonprofits.org/events/event-detail/2023/03/02/default-calendar/beginning-grantwriting-mar-2
Common Good VT is pleased to share this webinar hosted by Minnesota Council of Nonprofits at a discounted rate. Please email [email protected] with questions about the event.
Many people who work in nonprofits find themselves in the position of “accidental grantwriter” and do not feel fully equipped for the challenge. This session will provide a balance of applicable content and resources to deepen participants’ knowledge of and skills in grantwriting.
Specifically designed for beginners, this workshop will introduce grantwriting to nonprofit professionals who have less than one year of experience with the skill. By the end of this session, participants will learn the steps to craft, construct, and submit an effective grant application, including:
- Understanding the various elements of a standard grant proposal application
- Managing the grant timelines so that high-quality and complete proposals are submitted on time
- Finding data sources to support proposal narratives
- Creating effective presentations of grant-narrative elements and ideas among or within proposal components
- Identify which proposal-writing approaches, styles, tones, and formats will work best.
- Using appropriate and accurate visuals to highlight information
- Identify effective practices for developing realistic, accurate line-item and narrative budgets that describe the relationship between line-items and project activities
- Selecting evaluation models and methods for the grant applications
Workshop participants will receive a digital copy of the Handbook for Successful Grant Writing that covers topics ranging from research and planning to a glossary of commonly used terms. The Handbook is only available to participants and is not otherwise for sale.
Use promocode “NCN” to register at the discounted rate.