Date(s) - January 25, 2024
8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Montpelier (multiple locations)
Fee: Pay What You Can
Register at: scroll down to registration form (this is not a link!)
Common Good VT invites nonprofits from across the state to join us in Montpelier on January 25th for Nonprofit Legislative Day 2024 to celebrate our nonprofit sector, learn from each other, and inform legislators concerning the vital activities of Vermont’s nonprofits.
This day of education, connection and action will include:
- Panel discussions and issue briefings from sector advocates and allies
- Opportunities to learn about and engage with the legislative process
- Conversations with policymakers
Our Goal: A thriving nonprofit sector able to contribute to the well-being of Vermont.
Pre-Event Advocacy Training | 1/8 at 8 am:
Join Common Good Vermont and DRM for this session designed to help you prepare for Nonprofit Legislative Day. We’ll provide an introduction to nonprofit advocacy, tips for engaging with legislators and making the most of your time at the State House, and answer your questions before the big day! Included with registration.
Agenda for 1/25:
This is our anticipated agenda, final agenda will be shared with registrants in advance of the event.
- 8:30 AM Arrive, Sign-In, Coffee/Light Breakfast & Networking (morning location is TBD but will be in downtown Montpelier, within a short walk of the State House)
- 9:00 AM Welcome, Orientation
- 10:00 AM Break
- 10:15 AM Panel Discussion: Government Grant & Contract Reform
- 11:45 AM Group Photo at State House
- 12:00 PM Lunch at Statehouse Cafeteria
- 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM Committee Testimony/Observation, Break
- 4:00 PM Ice Cream Social
Limited committee testimony slots will be prioritized on a first come first serve basis and space is limited – register now to save your space!
Please email [email protected] with any questions.
We are committed to making this event accessible to all, but we can’t do it alone! If you are interested in sponsoring this event, please email [email protected] to learn more. Thank you!