Date(s) - March 21, 2023
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fee: $129 with promocode NCN
Register at: https://www.minnesotanonprofits.org/events/event-detail/2023/03/21/default-calendar/spotlight-community-centric-fundraising
Common Good VT is pleased to share this webinar hosted by Minnesota Council of Nonprofits at a discounted rate. Please email [email protected] with questions about the event.
Community-Centric Fundraising (CCF) is a grassroots movement that seeks to move philanthropy and fundraising forward in a way that centers racial and economic justice. CCF, and its 10 Principles, were introduced to the nonprofit world by a collective of nonprofit fundraisers of color in 2018. You’ve probably heard of the concept, but as a young(ish) movement, many in the nonprofit sector are still unsure how to implement CCF in their own practice.
This one-day training of four sessions is designed to support nonprofit fundraisers in better understanding the Community-Centric Fundraising movement, its Principles, and how to both incorporate CCF into their work and help advance the effort to further fundraising practices that are grounded in race, equity, and social justice.
Participants of this Spotlight will:
- Learn about the philosophy and principles of CCF
- Examine the inequitable history of philanthropy, and possibilities for the future
- Explore how to move fundraising practices forward to focus on social justice
- Hear from practitioners who have applied CCF at their organization
- Gain knowledge and strategies they will be able to implement in their own work
Spotlights are day-long virtual trainings, offering four to five 60-minute sessions, each exploring a different aspect of a specific topic. Each session will be led by experienced nonprofit leaders and subject-matter experts. Spotlights are designed to offer practical information that can be applied immediately along with larger-picture questions and possibilities to consider for the long-term.
Schedule – All times listed in Central Time
Final titles and session descriptions to be announced soon!
10 – 11 a.m. // Introduction to CCF
11:30 a.m. // 12:30 p.m. – CCF in action
1:30 – 2:30 p.m. // Getting buy-in from your organization
3 – 4 p.m. // What it means to be an anti-capitalist fundraiser
This event is offered in partnership with CCF MN, a collective for Minnesota-based fundraisers who are committed to the CCF movement. This Spotlight will be hosted by Mallory Mitchell of CCF MN. For more information on the history of CCF, the vision of the collective, and resources for learning more, visit the national CCF website.
Use promocode “NCN” to register at the discounted rate.
- This virtual event will take place on the Zoom platform. Your access link will be emailed to you the day before the event after 12 p.m.
- This session will be recorded. The recording will be made available to registrants after the live event.
- Captioning is provided automatically through Zoom. For information on requesting CART, ASL, or another accommodation, please visit our Registration Policies page.
- To learn more about events, registration, and payment, visit our Event & Registration FAQ page.