WASHINGTON, Oct. 26, 2021 – United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Under Secretary for Rural Development Xochitl Torres Small today announced that USDA is seeking applications to implement projects supported by regional economic and community development planning to help the people of rural America build back better.
The 2018 Farm Bill authorized USDA to make this funding available under the Strategic Economic and Community Development (SECD) initiative. It can be used to implement projects that are supported by multijurisdictional and multi-sectoral strategic community investment plans. In fiscal year 2022, this funding is available under the following USDA Rural Development programs:
- Community Facilities Direct Loan and Grant Program
- Community Facilities Loan Guarantee Program
- Water and Waste Disposal Direct Loan and Grant Program
- Water and Waste Disposal Loan Guarantees
- Rural Business Development Grants
- Community Connect Grants