Addison County, Brandon, and Statewide Funding Available through the Walter Cerf Community Fund

Funding is now available to nonprofits and municipal organizations through the Walter Cerf Community Fund at the Vermont Community Foundation. The Walter Cerf Community Fund makes grants to address charitable needs in Vermont. Priority interests are arts, education, historic preservation, and social services. Organizations are invited to request program/project support or general operating support.

Grants are made to organizations that are either located in the Addison County/Brandon area or have a statewide constituency and make a unique contribution to Vermont. Approximately 70 percent of available funds will be awarded to programs and projects in the Addison County/Brandon area, while the remaining 30 percent will support statewide programs and projects.

Applications will be accepted through 5 p.m. on Wednesday, June 21, 2022. The fund will consider both small ($500-$5,000) and large (up to $25,000) grant requests. Organizations must be serving Addison County or Brandon to be eligible to apply for the large grant.

Learn More & Apply

The Vermont Community Foundation inspires giving and brings people and resources together to make a difference in Vermont. A family of hundreds of funds and foundations, we provide the advice, investment vehicles, and back-office expertise that make it easy for the people who care about Vermont to find and fund the causes they love.

The heart of the Community Foundation’s work is closing the opportunity gap—the divide that leaves too many Vermonters struggling to get ahead, no matter how hard they work. We are aligning our time, energy, and discretionary resources on efforts that provide access to early care and learning, pathways to college and career training, support for youth and families, and community and economic vitality. We envision Vermont at its best—where everyone has the opportunity to build a bright, secure future. Visit or call 802-388-3355 for more information. For information on our COVID-19 response, visit