Website Associates for Training and Development
Associates for Training and Development (A4TD) is a large, private nonprofit corporation serving 5 states across the northeast. Based in St. Albans, for over 37 years we have flourished in our mission to provide job training services to special populations, including older workers age 55+. We are recognized nationally as a leader in this field, and we love what we do!
We have a dynamic team of professionals with very diverse backgrounds! Our team is made up of former restaurant managers, military servicemen and women, human services experts, healthcare providers, project managers, teachers, coaches, accountants, and many more.
We have an immediate opening for a motivated and creative professional to join our team. The Lead Trainer supports A4TD’s programs by leading professional development activities through mentoring, coaching, and training staff (professional staff and participant assistants) in their core job responsibilities. This position also identifies specialized training opportunities and interfaces with training partners to secure low/no cost training opportunities for participants. Duties will include some supervision of program participant interns. The Lead Trainer will support other staff in the development of training materials. Most job responsibilities can be done remotely using various platforms. This position is part of A4TD’s Training Team. Some travel to A4TD offices may be needed and is reimbursed at the current IRS rate.
This position will be based within A4TD’s service area, which includes the states of Connecticut, Maine, New York, Pennsylvania, and Vermont.
· A very competitive benefits package (generous 401k match; health, dental, and vision insurance; paid federal holidays, sick and vacation time; life insurance.)
· A positive work environment where new ideas are welcomed
· Opportunities for professional growth & development
· A diverse and hardworking team that learns from one another
· Flexibility in a way that prioritizes a work-life balance
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business, education, HR, or related field
Experience: A minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience in HR, corporate training, or education
· Strong knowledge of corporate training techniques, understanding of effective teaching methodologies and tools, and use of virtual platforms to deliver training
· Coaching skills: the ability to energize staff to perform their core job responsibilities
· Communication skills: the ability to deliver engaging presentations to groups of people; the ability to clearly and concisely communicate one-on-one both verbally and in writing; the ability to engage in active listening
· A self-starter who can work independently with minimal direction, while maintaining a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
· The ability to creatively solve problems and innovate within a highly regulated environment
· Time management and organizational skills: ability to balance competing, time-sensitive priorities
· Computer skills: Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office suite products including Word, Excel and Outlook, and especially PowerPoint; file management skills; online research skills; proficiency in e-learning software is an asset
· Authorization to work in the USA required
· Professional training certification is a plus (e.g. Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD), Corporate Trainer Certified (CTC), etc.)
· Experience working with mature workers, culturally diverse populations, and persons with disabilities
· Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Are you ready for a job you can love?
We want to hear from you!
Please email your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com. Only those applicants who submit both documents will be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.