Website Building Bright Futures
About Building Bright Futures
Building Bright Futures is a nonprofit that works to improve the well-being of each and every child and family in Vermont, from the prenatal period through age 8. We bring together a robust
network of policymakers, early childhood professionals, educators, health and mental health providers, business leaders, families, and other stakeholders to share insights and
problem-solve through regular meetings of 12 Regional Councils, 7 Committees moving forward the work of Vermont’s Early Childhood Action Plan (VECAP), and a 23-member State Advisory Council. We empower and elevate family and community voices as partners in decision-making.
We also centralize and disseminate early childhood data to inform policy through Vermont’s Early Childhood Data and Policy Center at VermontKidsData.org.
About the position
The Family Leadership Coordinator will provide administrative and organizational support to Building Bright Futures’ Families and Communities Committee. In this newly created role, the
Family Leadership Coordinator will work closely with the co-chairs of the Families and Communities Committee to expand the committee’s offerings, recruit new members, and
support community and connectivity among current members. They will bring organization and a warm supportive approach to their work and will play a role in empowering family leaders.
Their role will be to support the technical and administrative needs of the Committee, engage with and recruit new members to family leadership opportunities at Building Bright Futures
(BBF), and support the team with measuring the impact of family partnership.
The Family Leadership Coordinator position is full-time with a competitive salary and flexible work schedule. Candidates would need to be available for regular meetings and events during the workday and occasional evenings and weekends. While most BBF meetings are currently virtual, when in-person meetings resume, they must be able to travel regularly to support the work across Vermont. This is a home-based position with the option to work in BBF’s Williston
headquarters. The Family Leadership Coordinator receives supervision from the Policy and Program Director. This is a grant-funded limited service position through 12/31/25.
About the Preschool Development Grant (PDG)
Vermont has been awarded a $23 million federal grant for three years (2023–2025) to strengthen the state’s early childhood system, support the early childhood workforce, and
improve the quality and availability of services for children from birth to age 8. The grant will support Vermont in improving service delivery to families with young children across settings and services, including child care, Universal Prekindergarten Education, Head Start, health care, mental health care, and other services and programs that support the health and well-being of Vermont children and their families. Building Bright Futures has been contracted by the State of
Vermont to host several grant functions, including parent leadership and engagement efforts.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range of $46,000-$48,000 annually. Benefits include generous paid time off, healthcare insurance, dental insurance, and retirement.
Supporting BBF’s Families and Communities Committee
● Provide support, resources, mentoring, and any other assistance families and committee co-chairs may need to fully engage with the Families and Communities Committee (FCC)
o Identify training opportunities for co-chairs and FCC members
o Support co-chairs with planning and facilitating monthly meetings
● Coordinate technical and administrative needs for the Families and Communities Committee to create efficiencies and build community and connectivity among members
Outreach and engagement with potential family leaders and partners
● Support efforts to reach out to or advertise to new families through participation in community activities, using social media, and collaboration with existing community
● Identify and support opportunities to engage parent leaders in relevant commissions,
coalitions, and councils across the state of Vermont
o Support the Policy Director and other partners in developing a inventory identifying all the entities and programs that support or facilitate family engagement, family leadership, and family advisement statewide Supporting alignment, integration, and measurement related to family leadership efforts
● Support alignment and collaboration among the Families and Communities Committee, the Vermont Interagency Coordinating Council, the Vermont Head Start Association and
Collaboration Office, and other entities supporting family engagement
● Create tracking mechanisms to report the number of meetings, participants, and meeting outcomes related to parent leadership efforts; take meeting minutes
● Work with the Policy Director, committee co-chairs, stakeholders, and families to develop and implement a sustainability plan to continue family involvement, leadership, and the roles developed as part of PDG efforts beyond the life of the grant
● Demonstrated experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders and a commitment to inclusion
● Experience or interest in working hands-on with families in a supportive, warm, and inclusive manner
● 5 years of experience leading, collaborating with, or convening diverse groups of stakeholders or a Bachelor’s degree in communications, sociology, early childhood, education, family studies, political science, or a related field preferred
● Candidates should be very flexible and self-motivated, and be able to work independently, take initiative, and exercise self-directed problem-solving
● Commitment to improving child and family outcomes
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
● Experience with technology that supports collaborative and virtual work, including WordPress, Facebook, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Slack, and Zoom
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references as one PDF labeled:
lastname_firstname_Family to: [email protected] Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning March 27th. Position is open until filled
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com