Website Elevate Youth Services, FKA Washington County Youth Service Bureau
Seeking a friendly, organized and self-motivated individual passionate about the well-being of Vermont youth with lived experience in foster care.
The Youth Development Program (YDP) seeks a full-time Assistant Director/Billing Specialist to support all aspects of statewide program administration, with a focus on billing practices. The Billing Specialist/Assistant Director is responsible for all aspects of Medicaid billing and completing other administrative tasks as assigned. The ideal candidate will possess a strong attention to detail, self-motivation, organized systems-thinking, a team-approach to building program capacity and supporting partner agencies. Candidates with lived experience are encouraged to apply; as well as those who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the organization and are seeking an opportunity to meaningfully impact the lives of youth in Vermont.
YDP is a statewide initiative that serves over 450 youth annually and spans across all 12 DCF districts. YDP’s mission is to ensure that youth with foster care experience enter adulthood with the necessary support to build productive and fulfilling lives. Using a strengths-based and youth-driven approach, the program promotes well-being across the following domains: housing, education, employment, social connections, transportation, health, enrichment and basic needs. YDP also offers participating youth access to leadership, advocacy and training opportunities in order to ensure that the foster care system is informed by and responsive to the youth who are served by it.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities of the Billing Specialist/Assistant Director role include:
- Supporting the administration of billing practices and procedures for the statewide Youth Development Program.
- Maintaining and developing YDP database.
- Participating in all YDP administrative, network, and team meetings.
- Planning and providing logistical support for annual youth conference, YDP picnic, and monthly statewide meetings.
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with Youth Development Coordinators and community partners.
- Assist YDP Director with administrative duties and special projects as needs arise, including outreach activities and data requests.
- Managing accounts payable for subcontractors and coordinating with Elevate Youth Service’s fiscal office.
- Completing annual file reviews with the YDP Director as well as related reports.
- Exercising quality review and tracking for all plans of care, Medicaid Billing, invoices, and expenditure requests.
- Managing office filing systems and supplies.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Previous administrative experience, especially with data entry and quality assurance activities
- Proficient computer skills, especially with the Internet, Excel, and Google products
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with a diverse array of individuals
- Positive attitude and team approach
- Ability to self-motivate
- Valid driver’s license- some statewide driving will be required
This position has the opportunity to be in person, remote or hybrid. In person orientation is required. The statewide administrative offices for YDP are housed at Elevate Youth Services in Barre, VT. The YDP Billing Specialist/Assistant Director shares an open concept office space. The atmosphere is professional casual. Individual supervision is provided at least once per week.
EYS provides direct services to youth and families in Washington County, as well as administration of several statewide programs. Its mission is to is to provide a wide range of innovative and effective programs that empower and enrich the lives of youth and families in Washington County, and to provide leadership and support to other youth programs throughout Vermont.
All EYS employees attend a staff meeting once a month, as well as other staff development events throughout the year.
Salary Range: $45,000.00 – $51,000.00 per year
Vacation Allowance: 15 days
Personal Days: 3 days
Holidays: 12 days
Sick Leave: 10 days
Health Insurance: Yes
Dental/Optical: Not available at this time
Long Term Disability: Yes
Life Insurance: Yes
Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Yes
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to apply.
- Background check required
- Position open until filled
- Elevate Youth Services is an EOE
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com