Website Intervale Center
Summary of Position:
The Intervale Food Hub Operations Assistant works collaboratively with the Intervale Food Hub team to successfully implement operations, increase efficiency and productivity of the operations, and grow the demand for our products and services. The Operations Assistant will help maintain the Intervale Food Hub facility, trucks and equipment infrastructure, food safety standards and quality management programs, and customer order fulfillment. This position will work closely with the Intervale Food Hub team to enhance systems for increased efficiency, quality, and safety in all aspects of the business. This position works primarily in the Intervale Food Hub’s facility with the Operations Lead and other Operations Assistant(s), fulfilling orders and delivering orders in the Burlington metropolitan area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that operating systems, equipment, and procedures comply with all current federal, state, and local legislation, and meet best practices for safety, efficiency, and sustainability. Propose and implement changes as necessary.
• Ensure accurate, efficient, timely, and safe packing & distribution of all orders.
• Execute delivery routes and on-site order pick up as assigned.
• Utilize online software to track inventory, sales, and prices for pop up shops.
• Enter data into tracking tools to evaluate operational productivity, maintain an accurate receiving log, and track cross-docking fees.
• Work with Customer Service to implement operational changes when necessary to maintain and/or build efficiencies.
• Receive vendor orders as assigned.
• Assist with End of Month inventory as assigned.
• Work with Intervale Food Hub team on strategic planning and overall business development.
• Attend Intervale Center staff meetings.
• Occasionally assist at events as assigned, tabling and/or running pop-up shop at special events.
• Contribute to a highly productive, collaborative, and clean work environment.
• Act as an ambassador for the entire organization, promote philanthropy, and engage in relationship building in support of Development.
• Participate in organization-wide Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI) training and initiatives.
• All other responsibilities as assigned.
• A minimum of 2 years operations experience, preferably on a farm, restaurant,
processing facility or other food-related business. • Knowledge of food quality standards required.
• Strong organization, communication, and time management skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Positive attitude, patience, creativity, and a great sense of humor.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for 6-8 hours per day.
• A clean driving record is required for insurance purposes. An imperfect driving record does not automatically disqualify a candidate.
Benefits and Compensation:
Pay is $18.00 per hour. This is a permanent, part-time position consisting of two 6 – 8-hour shifts per week on Tuesday and Wednesday. This position includes a generous discount on all Intervale Food Hub products.
Intervale Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity of experience, background, and perspective to enrich our work. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to [email protected] before July 28, 2022. This position is open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.intervale.org.