Website MENTOR Vermont
MENTOR Vermont is a statewide non-profit organization that provides funding, resources, and support to youth mentoring programs across Vermont so they can meet the needs of young people in their communities. MENTOR Vermont is an affiliate member of MENTOR: National, a national network of organizations invested in high quality mentoring relationships and closing the mentoring gap.
At MENTOR Vermont, we are a highly collaborative and tight-knit team. We are encouraging, supportive and believe in work-life balance. We value the whole person that each of us bring to work each day. We are continuous learners and push each other to think creatively. We hold each other accountable. We celebrate, play, and laugh (a lot!). We are motivated and inspired by youth voice. We are committed to growing mentoring opportunities for Vermont youth and supporting mentoring programs to make that a reality. We are looking to expand our team to further our reach and make a bigger impact…join us!
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
MENTOR Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. MENTOR Vermont is committed to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion for all. We embrace our differences and celebrate our common humanity in advancing awareness of the need for and transformative power of supportive relationships for our young people. We believe that varied perspectives, experiences, and opinions are central assets in our mission to close the mentoring gap. As we seek to build the most complementary team when it comes to skill, perspective, and experience, we strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented communities to apply.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBLITIES
The Development Director will take the lead and oversee all of MENTOR Vermont’s fundraising efforts. This position will work collaboratively with the Executive Director and other MENTOR Vermont staff to ensure MENTOR Vermont meets annual budget goals and has the resources and funding needed to enable the organization to meet the needs of youth mentoring in Vermont.
As a staff member of MENTOR Vermont and part of the national MENTOR Affiliate network, the Development Director will play a valuable role in State and National mentoring initiatives. This may include committee participation, strategy sharing and generating resources that can elevate the MENTOR brand and positively impact the mentoring movement.
- Establish fundraising objectives for the organization, setting one year, five year, and longer-term goals.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, set organization budgets according to short- and long-term goals.
- Maintain a current and accurate database of financial donors including corporations, foundations, and individuals.
- Maintain and manage MENTOR Vermont’s website (mentorvt.org).
Foundations and Grants
- Increase and diversify MENTOR Vermont funding support from foundations and granting institutions. Strengthen existing relationships while creating new funding partnerships.
- Maintain a year-round grants calendar and oversee the timely writing and submission of all proposals and reporting requirements.
- Balance and track MENTOR Vermont’s fundraising outreach with the existing relationships foundations may have with individual direct serve mentoring organizations.
- Identify new and potential funding opportunities for MENTOR Vermont and ensure funder alignment with MENTOR Vermont mission, vision and values.
Individual Donor Relations
- Oversee all donor communication and implement MENTOR Vermont’s annual appeals.
- Strengthen relationships with and increase level of financial support from individual donors.
- Prospect and secure new individual donors.
- Create Mentor Vermont’s Annual Report and other relevant and informative fundraising literature for distribution and/or public viewing.
- Develop and implement a yearly donor communication plan.
- Strategize an engaging fundraising campaign utilizing a variety of engagement methods.
- Secure corporate sponsorships for MENTOR Vermont’s signature events.
- Explore and implement new strategies for securing additional corporate funding support.
- Strengthen established funding while exploring and securing new potential funding for the mentoring field in Vermont and MENTOR Vermont.
- State: Collaborate with the Executive Director to find a new state agency (currently under DCF) for the Vermont Mentoring Grants funding.
- Federal: Collaborate with the Executive Director and Project Manager to advocate, explore, apply, and secure additional Federal funding.
Funding for Youth Mentoring
- Secure and increase MENTOR Vermont’s annual pass-through grants funding to mentoring organizations.
- Provide resources and support to youth mentoring organizations to help with individual organizational development and sustainability.
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising strategies and principles.
- Success with securing grants of $50,000+.
- A pattern of cultivating individual donors and securing yearly gifts of $10,000+.
- Ability to monetize the existing workings of an organization.
- Confident working with board members and volunteers to support fundraising efforts.
- Knowledge of tax planning principles and techniques that favor charitable giving.
- Fluent with using assets-based versus deficit-based language and framing.
- Excellent at building and maintaining genuine relationships with donors/supports.
- Ability to write persuasively, clearly, and concisely to blend information from multiple sources into a single, effective fundraising document that meets the needs of the prospect.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills across a diversity of stakeholders and partners.
- Comprehensive problem-solving skills and the ability to implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to lead complex and long-term projects to successful and on-time outcomes.
- Self-driven and able to effectively collaborate with others in a complex and fast-paced work environment.
- Proficient in web design and management (WordPress, HTML) and graphic design (Adobe InDesign).
- Ability to quickly learn new software systems and well versed in Microsoft and Google Suites
- Passionate toward elevating youth voice and the positive impacts of youth mentoring.
- An unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion, and an eagerness to challenge MENTOR Vermont to continue to grow, improve, and sustain change in this area.
- Desire to work with a passionate, fun and collaborative team, striving to ensure youth in Vermont have the supportive mentoring relationships they need to thrive.
- Alignment with MENTOR Vermont’s core values, and a commitment to embodying those values.
- Salary range begins at $55,000
- Health Benefit: $600/month
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan Options
- Simple IRA contribution: Employer match up to 3%
- Generous paid time off
- Reimbursements for work-related travel
- This is a full-time position based in Burlington, Vermont. While we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, we expect to return to a hybrid model of remote and in-person work in our Burlington offices in the near future.
- Employees working remotely must have adequate internet to achieve the functions of their job.
- MENTOR Vermont requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
MENTOR Vermont is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com