Website Outright Vermont
The Education and Leadership Coordinator provides training, technical assistance, and leadership development across Vermont. Using experiential education, this position connects young people and allied adults to resources, skill-building, and each other to effect positive change for LGBTQ+ youth. This is a highly collaborative position situated within our Transforming Schools, Communities, and Systems initiatives. While our headquarters are Burlington-based, this position is focused on statewide support and connection. The Education and Leadership Coordinator reports to Outright’s Director of
Key Function: Deliver Dynamic Education
● Implement online and in-person trainings to further queer and trans youth liberation in schools.
● In collaboration with the Education Manager create and maintain online modules for entry-level education.
● Connect youth leadership and voice to professional development and education offerings.
● Connect youth to leadership and participation opportunities within the Transforming Schools, Communities, and Systems work described in Outright’s theory of change.
Key Function: Support Youth Leadership
● Support youth leaders in implementing school-based workshops, and other youth-led education opportunities that center youth voice, experience, and power.
● Support youth leadership in educational and social support program initiatives through intentional communications, outreach, training, and participation in strategic planning.
● Collaboratively supervise Outright’s youth organizer program and support youth-led campaigns.
● Participate in the development of the youth leadership component of Camp Outright, Outright’s annual summer camp program.
Key Function: Transform Schools and Communities
● Act as point of contact for schools and organizations seeking support around education, technical assistance, and change work.
● Assess for and connect schools and youth-serving organizations to right-sized education, consultation, and training opportunities.
● Support Outright’s commitment to bring resources to younger grades in response to increased requests from elementary schools and pre-K programs across the state.
● In collaboration with the Outright team, support Outright’s role as the go-to organization for state agencies, schools, and youth serving organizations, for consultation, technical assistance, and policy development in support of LGBTQ+
● Participate in regional and statewide collaborations that impact the lives of LGBTQ+ youth.
Key Function: Organizational and Administrative Duties
● Maintain, in collaboration with Team Transforming, up-to-date reporting and data on all educational and youth organizing initiatives, goals, and metrics.
● Create professional level written and verbal communications, internally and externally.
● Assist with other organizational duties, as assigned.
Outright Vermont, the statewide queer and trans youth-serving organization, is hiring! We’re looking for a full time Education and Leadership Coordinator to transform Vermont Schools, Communities, and Systems to build hope, equity, and power for LGBTQ+ youth. The ideal candidate has the ability to connect and center youth power and leadership in education initiatives. Strong anti-oppression lens, affinity for solidarity across movements, and facilitation skills in popular education and experiential models are a must. Competence in Google Suite and Microsoft office administrative tools, as well as social media and youth engagement platforms needed.
You should be knowledgeable about the needs of queer and trans youth, and have experience working with youth through mentorship and facilitation, leadership and curriculum development. A successful Education and Leadership Coordinator will be excited to engage in collaborative relationships with a wide-range of audiences, including Outright youth and staff, and school-based faculty and staff across the state. This position requires reliable transportation and Covid-permitting, involves traveling throughout Vermont at all times of the year. During several key programming times, this role will require time in the evenings and weekends.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]; applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please include the job title and your full name in the email subject. Your cover letter should address why Outright, why this role in particular, and how you feel your skills and experiences align with the skills and attributes
described above. We encourage you to allow your personal writing style to come through. Applicants who advance through the interview process will be asked for three references.
All applicants will receive a confirmation email.
Outright Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize the critical importance of being an organization of diverse identities. Queer and trans people of color and trans feminine folks are strongly encouraged to apply. We have listed our ideal skills and attributes – and we know not everyone will 100% check all those boxes. We don’t like boxes anyway! And research shows the folks most likely to select out of applying are those most impacted by inequity. We encourage you to apply if you feel you’d be an asset to the team. Heck yeah!
More details about Outright available via our website: www.outrightvt.org
Salary range: $51,000-$56,000. This is a full time 35-hour per week position with comprehensive benefits including health care, dental care, life insurance, matched retirement contributions, an annual professional development fund, and generous paid time off. Minimum 1-2 years relevant experience in the field (or combination of education and experience).
● Applications will be accepted through Sunday, December 3, 2023.
● First Round Interviews will take place Monday November 27, Tuesday November 28, and Tuesday December 5.
● Second Round Interviews for candidates who advance will take place Wednesday December 20.
● Third round youth interview will be January 4th, 2024.
● Preferred start date will be Monday January 15, 2024.
● First round interviews will be virtual. Second round interviews will be in person. Third round interview will be virtual.
To apply for this job please visit outrightvt.org.