Website Turning Point Center of Chittenden County
The Turning Point Center of Chittenden County
Administrative Manager Job Description
The Administrative Manager’s main role is to support the Executive Director in running the Center and assist in managing its grant funded services. Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. This may include, but is not limited to, day-to-day activities and meetings, building maintenance coordination, management of tenant relations, as well as supervision of Peer Support Specialist Staff, Operations Manager, and Volunteer Coordination. Weekly schedule is Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with occasional requirement to work weekend, evening, and holiday. The position is full time and is eligible for the Center’s employee benefits package which includes accrued sickness and vacation time, paid holidays, and health insurance stipend. The hourly wage range is $22-24. This is an in-person position and requires some travel within Chittenden County. The Center is an EOE and encourages individuals in long-term recovery to apply.
• Supervision in partnership with the Center management team of daily operations; assistance in managing the main community room and guest relations.
• Recruit, hire, train and supervise volunteer staff, Recovery Peer Support Specialist Team, and Weekend and Evenings Operations Manager; establish trainings and reinforce best practices for all.
• Oversight and coordination of 179 S Winooski Ave Building including tenant relations, which may include coordinating with sub-contractors, including building maintenance contractor, continuous upkeep and repairs; documentation of all building related issues.
• Manage Center’s activities schedule, vet and recruit community groups, coordinate with group memberships for designating space and other needs.
• Conduct monthly ordering of all Center related office needs and work within the Center’s budget for the fiscal year.
• Collection and reporting of all data required for state funding among all Center managed grants; work closely with all grant program coordinators to accomplish requirements.
• Development, maintenance, and storage of all Center policy and procedural documentation; this includes but is not limited to operational documents, policies pertaining to guests, staff, personnel, and volunteers, managing of the Center’s electronic database for all Center materials.
• Participate in events planning, coordinating with the Board of Directors and the Executive Director pertaining to strategic action steps and sub-committees.
• Participate in community outreach and education initiatives with identified community partners.
• Duties as assigned.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge and understanding of the recovery community needs.
• Communication, outreach, and social media skills.
• Staff supervision.
• 3-4 years of experience working in related field; or equivalent bachelor’s with 1-year experience in related field; or equivalent Associate’s with 2-year experience in related field.
• Pass AHS Abuse Registry check, reliable transportation, and car insurance.
• Minimum of 2-years of continuous recovery from substance use disorder.
To apply for this job please visit turningpointcentervt.org.