Website Twin Pines Housing
Director of Development and Communications
Twin Pines Housing (TPH) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit formed in 1990 to develop, own and manage affordable housing in the Upper Valley region of New Hampshire and Vermont. TPH provides housing for over 1,000 people and owns 500 rental units at 23 sites in Lebanon, Hanover and Enfield, NH and in Hartford, South Royalton and Woodstock, VT. It provides long-term stewardship for an additional 53 shared-equity, homeownership opportunities. TPH has active development portfolio with several additional rental and homeownership projects under construction and in pre-development.
The Director of Development and Communications plays a key role in communicating our success, soliciting gifts for general support and special initiatives, increasing community support as well as the number of donors who support of our mission, interacting with major donors, and organizing and managing special events.
We are looking for a confident, enthusiastic, committed individual who is excited to join a hard-working, mission-driven team. You must have strong self-management skills with a track record of relevant success. This full-time, year-round position would be an excellent career opportunity for someone who wants to build on their communications and fundraising experience or a seasoned professional.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working with the senior leadership team and the Board of Directors, you will bring a broad range of skills and interests to this position with a proven fundraising track record. While the position includes both development and communication work, it is anticipated that the majority (70%) of the Director’s time is spent on development work, with 15% spent on communication and 15% on administration.
- Create and execute a yearly fundraising and communication plan to increase donations annually.
- Coordinate donor meetings with the Executive Director for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. Follow through on donor requests.
- Grant writing and reporting for new and established relationships (corporate, foundation, governmental, etc.).
- Record and acknowledge all charitable gifts (cash and in-kind).
- Provide fundraising database management and results reporting through eTapestry
- Create an annual report and at least one newsletter per year, which include fundraising appeals.
- Plan and execute in-person and virtual special events, including an annual meeting, groundbreaking and ribbon-cutting ceremonies, and donor events. Work with the Board to create and execute a 30th anniversary fundraising event in the fall of 2021.
- Create and publish website and Facebook content, press releases, and other communication material.
- Represent the organization with community partners at the state and local level in Vermont and New Hampshire.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-plus years of development and/or communications experience in a nonprofit organization
- 2-plus years of experience with eTapestry or equivalent fundraising software program
- WordPress, Facebook, MailChimp, and Microsoft Office experience
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, data management, project management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a self-starter
- Strong attention to detail; accuracy a must
- Passion for our mission and the role of affordable housing in building a stronger and more equitable world
Please submit one pdf document containing a cover letter, detailing your qualifications for this position and your salary requirements, along with a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twin Pines Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.