Website Twin Pines Housing Trust
About Twin Pines Housing
Twin Pines Housing Trust (Twin Pines Housing) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit formed in 1990 to develop, own and manage affordable housing in the upper Connecticut River Valley of New Hampshire and Vermont. Twin Pines Housing currently houses over 1,000 people and owns 500 rental units at 24 sites in Enfield, Hanover and Lebanon, NH and in Hartford, South Royalton and Woodstock, VT. Twin Pines Housing also has 53 shared-equity homeownership properties that are permanently affordable. It provides property management services for approximately three-quarters of its units, with the balance of units managed by others.
Twin Pines Housing has an active development pipeline including three new apartment buildings (under construction in 2021), and renovations of an existing 100-unit apartment complex. Several additional new construction projects are under consideration, along with the refinancing of several older low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) properties. Financing for these projects include low-income housing tax credits, Community Development Block Grant funds, HOME Program Funds, USDA Rural Development financing, and National Housing Trust Funds.
Twin Pines Housing seeks a Real Estate Development Project Manager to assist with the development of new affordable housing, as well as the renovation of existing housing in its portfolio. We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed individual who is excited to join a hard-working, mission-driven team. You must have strong self-management skills with a track record of relevant success. This full-time position is an excellent career opportunity for someone who wants to build on their real estate development experience.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Project Manager position is one of two full-time real estate development positions at Twin Pines Housing. The Project Manager also works closely with our Homeownership Coordinator and our Property Management and Resident Supportive Services teams.
The Project Manager will work closely with the Executive Director, property management and finance staff, consultants, and others to complete new projects, to develop a project pipeline, and ensure the stability of our existing portfolio. Responsibilities will include:
- Analyze project financial feasibility and evaluate ongoing project financial performance;
- Identify development opportunities, including responding to Requests for Proposals;
- Prepare applications and secure commitment for pre-development resources, construction financing, permanent debt, equity investments, and subsidies;
- Represent Twin Pines Housing with municipal officials, nonprofit partners, funders and other decision makers;
- Manage and coordinate design, development and finance-related work during project pre-development and construction;
- Develop and monitor project budgets;
- Coordinate permitting, zoning and approval processes;
- Develop and monitor project schedules;
- Review legal documents, including partnership and consultant agreements, to ensure that key business terms are captured;
- Manage projects through completion, including quality control, requisitions, and financing closings;
- Oversee project design and construction;
- Manage and advise part and/or full-time staff as requested; and
- Perform other duties as needed and as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is committed to our mission, hard-working, and experienced in affordable housing development. They will possess many of the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Business, Urban Planning, Construction Management, or a related field required;
- Graduate degree in Business, Law or Urban Planning preferred;
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in multi-family affordable housing development, or in a closely related field;
- Real estate transactional experience and understanding of affordable housing finance programs and applications, preferably in New Hampshire and/or Vermont;
- Experience with the low-income housing tax credit program, federal and state affordable housing programs including USDA Rural Development programs;
- Strong financial and analytical skills, including experience with financial modeling;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to organize people, files, tasks and other elements of complex projects;
- Familiarity with nonprofits and with municipal government, and skill navigating complex organizations and multiple relationships;
- Ability to assemble, correlate and analyze facts, to creatively conceptualize and implement customized solutions to problems, and to prepare concise summaries;
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
Please submit one pdf document containing a cover letter, detailing your qualifications for this position and your salary requirements, along with a resume to: email@example.com.
Twin Pines Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org