Website United Way of Northwest Vermont
POSITION TITLE: Working Bridges Resource Coordinator
PAY RANGE: $42,000 – $48,500
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time, Non-Exempt
UNIT ORGANIZATION: Community Impact
REPORTS TO: Working Bridges Initiative Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary role of the Working Bridges Resource Coordinator (RC) is to provide on-site resource coordination for employees at their place of work. The RC meets with employees individually to assess their unique situations and coach them about community and employer resources to address life issues that are impacting work productivity. Developing trusting relationships with employees, managers, human resource staff, and community partners is the heart of RC work. As a Working
Bridges team member, the RC will participate in the evaluation, training development, and innovation pilots for the employer network.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
The Resource Coordinator is responsible for providing employees with individual assistance in accessing resources to resolve non-work issues that directly or indirectly impact an individual’s work life. Through on-site resource coordination for employees at their places of work, the Resource Coordinator will:
- Deliver information and referrals to community resources.
- Provide listening support, problem – solving and financial coaching.
- Develop trusted relationships with employees and partners.
- Participate in network development activities including training, innovation, and
representation at community meetings.
- Create and develop outreach strategies for sharing resource supports for workplaces, deliver resource presentations at employee meetings, and assist
with evaluation of services for employer worksites.
There are no direct supervisory responsibilities.
A very high level of confidentiality and discretion is needed.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS WITH:
All internal staff and key community partners of United Way of Northwest Vermont, including relationships with employer partners and employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or demonstrated experience navigating community resources and working
across sectors by managing multiple relationships.
- Willingness to work toward a Certified Community Resource Specialist (CRS) credential through the Alliance of Information & Referral Systems (AIRS) and either has or will work toward training as a Financial Coach (training provided).
- Innovative, creative approach with the ability to build relationships, honor diversity, and adapt to different work environments.
- Strong communication skills, including excellent listening. This includes the ability to communicate in an approachable and understandable way for diverse audiences and populations. Primary languages other than English are welcomed.
- Organizational skills are necessary to manage multiple commitments to employer worksites, complex employee resource needs, program responsibilities, development work, and data collection.
- Demonstrated neutrality, objectivity, professionalism, problem-solving, confidentiality, and calmness under pressure in a work setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, and customer/client databases desired. Comfort with communicating through
various channels, including video, text, and chat.
- State and national background checks will be conducted.
- Commitment to the mission and values of United Way of Northwest Vermont.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a high-performing team.
- Organized, able to prioritize, strategically plan, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and conflict-management skills.
- Possess a sincere desire to work directly with diverse employee group.
- Valid driver’s license and personal transportation.
- Must be willing to work remotely, on-site at employer partners, or at United Way offices.
- Must be willing to work a non-standard work schedule that can include early mornings and/or late evenings some days of the week.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org