People’s United Community Foundation, the philanthropic arm of People’s United Bank, NA, announced the awards of $314,500 in grants to 54 nonprofit organizations throughout Vermont during 2020.
This year’s grant donations were focused on COVID-19 relief and recovery efforts. Organizations working with communities that are disproportionately impacted by the pandemic were provided with flexible funding to use however it was needed. Funding was allocated to 54 nonprofit organizations that are addressing the communities’ most urgent needs and challenges, including basic needs, workforce development, housing, and financial education counseling in addition to helping organizations pivot to virtual educational programming and the continuation of vital support and family services for vulnerable populations.
People’s United Community Foundation has been working diligently throughout the year to remain a strong philanthropic partner by working with organizations that are on the frontlines responding to residents’ most urgent needs and those that are well-positioned to address the disparities in our society.
Donations included a $20,000 grant to the Vermont Foodbank, the state’s largest hunger relief organization, to address the sharp increase in demand for food assistance. The Boys & Girls Club of Burlington received a $20,000 unrestricted grant to support the Club’s ongoing efforts to meet the needs of youth and their families in our communities. In addition, the United Way of Northwest Vermont and the Vermont Community Foundation, each received a $15,000 grant in support of the organizations’ COVID-19 Response Fund.
Additional grant recipients included:
- Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity Inc
- Sara M. Holbrook Community Center
- Vermont Community Loan Fund
- Committee On Temporary Shelter (COTS)
- Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity
- King Street Center
- Habitat for Humanity of Rutland County, VT
- Spectrum Youth & Family Services, Inc.
- Umbrella, Inc.
- COVER Home Repair
- ANEW Place
- John Graham Shelter
- Greater Burlington YMCA
- Cathedral Square Corporation
- BROC-Community Action in Southwestern Vermont
- Intervale Center
- Groundworks Collaborative
- Vermont Works for Women
- Addison County Community Action Group Inc, dba HOPE
- Lake Champlain Maritime Museum at Basin Harbor, Inc.
- Mobius, Vermont’s Mentoring Program
- Mercy Connections Inc.
- The Mentor Connector
- Boys & Girls Club Of Greater Vergennes Inc
- Easter Seals Vermont
- Southeastern Vermont Community Action (SEVCA)
- Camp Ta-Kum-Ta
- Central Vermont Community Land Trust
- Middlebury Transitional Care Coalition Inc
- Vermont Youth Conservation Corps
- ReSOURCE: A Nonproft Community Enterprise
- Vermont Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont (NOFA-VT)
- Family Center of Washington County
- The Winston Prouty Center for Child Development
- US Committee For Refugees And Immigrants Vermont
- Twin Pines Housing
- Youth Services, Inc
- Special Olympics Vermont
- Dismas of Vermont INC
- Strolling of the Heifers, Inc.
- Newstory Center Inc
- Global Campuses Foundation
- Common Roots Inc
- Vermont Farmers Market Education Center Inc
- Martha’s Kitchen
- Milton Community Youth Coalition
- Central Vermont Adult Basic Education, Inc.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Burlington
“We are pleased to support our community through these many donations,” said Michael Seaver, Officer of People’s United Community Foundation and Vermont President for People’s United Bank. “Through People’s United, we are fortunate to have the opportunity to support those in need.
In total, People’s United Community Foundation awarded more than $3 million in grants to over 500 nonprofit organizations in 2020 throughout the communities it serves in Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.
About People’s United Community Foundation:
People’s United Community Foundation was formed to help support programs and activities that enhance the quality of life for citizens in the communities that People’s United Bank serves. The Foundation’s primary areas of focus include community and economic development, youth development, and affordable housing. People’s United Bank is a subsidiary of People’s United Financial, Inc., a diversified financial services company with more than $60 billion in assets. People’s United Bank, founded in 1842, is a premier, community-based, regional bank in the Northeast offering commercial and retail banking, as well as wealth management services through a network of over 400 retail locations in Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.