We are pleased to share the below Requests for Proposals for organizations to request funding for the period of January to June 2024 for substance misuse prevention.
Vermont Department of Health (VDH) Division of Substance Use Programs (DSU) has awarded a grant to United Way of Northwest Vermont (United Way) to serve as the Lead Prevention Organization (LPO) for DSU’s Region 1, covering Burlington, St. Albans, and Barre Health Districts (Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle, and Washington Counties). As the Lead Prevention Organization, United Way serves as a fiscal agent for the state prevention funds and, working with an advisory structure, allocates community subgrants in the region based on regional priorities and in a manner that ensures prevention coverage across the region.
State funds offered through these subgrants are for the purpose of advancing substance misuse prevention, across all ages and substances, by:
- preventing the onset of substance misuse,
- delaying initiation of substance use,
- promoting healthy lifestyles, and
- optimizing wellbeing among individuals, families, and communities across the lifespan.
Funding will be allocated through a portfolio of subgrants that collectively will:
- sustain existing substance misuse prevention efforts,
- build additional prevention capacity, and
- fill gap areas to ensure statewide prevention coverage.
There are currently two open requests for proposal:
Applications are due November 17, 2023. See proposals for specific details.
1. Proposal for prevention work to be completed during the 6-month period of January – June 2024, serving the Burlington and/or St. Albans Health District.
2. Proposal for prevention work to be completed during the 6-month period of January – June 2024, serving the Barre Health District (Washington County)
Important dates are noted in the RFPs, but one that is coming up quickly is the Question and Answer Session next Thursday, October 26 at 10am. This is a virtual session, and the Teams link can be found in the RFP.
Please contact [email protected] with questions.