Hello fellow nonprofit colleagues! McArdle & Associates is currently leading the search for Sterling College’s next Director of Advancement Services.
Sterling, based in Craftsbury Common, offers a unique, hands-on experiential learning experience in environmental education using Vermont’s farms and fields of the Northeast Kingdom as its classrooms. The successful candidate will oversee all administrative aspects of advancement and donor relations for the College.
About Sterling College
We are an environmentally focused liberal arts college located in Craftsbury Common, Vermont. We offer affordable experiential learning that prepares people to be knowledgeable, skilled, and responsible leaders in the communities in which they live.
As a key member of our Advancement team working closely with the President, you will oversee all administrative activities related to advancement to help steward existing relationships and cultivate new ones to meet our annual fundraising goals. This position combines administrative and fundraising responsibilities, aiming to achieve annual fundraising goals and improve operational efficiency.
- Oversee administrative aspect of Annual Fund and special campaigns.
- Manage donor records, reports, and queries in Raiser’s Edge while leading system improvements.
- Support the President by providing donor briefing materials.
- Support the Business Office in monthly revenue account reconciliation.
- Oversee daily gift entry and track donation progress.
- Maintain and cultivate a small portfolio of annual fund donors.
- Ensure solicitation compliance and adherence to the Donor Bill of Rights.
- Commitment to Sterling’s environmental and experiential learning mission.
- CRM/database experience in a fundraising/advancement environment.
- Strong organizational, financial, and statistical record-keeping skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations and deadline-driven work.
Compensation and Location
Annual salary of $50,000 – $55,000 with excellent benefit package. This is a full-time position that must be based within commuting distance of Craftsbury Vermont, with the opportunity for a hybrid schedule.
Please reach out to me directly at [email protected] if you or someone you know would like to learn more. Confidential inquiries welcome.
McArdle & Associates offers a full range of development consulting services for Vermont nonprofits including executive search, annual fund and major gifts coaching, strategic advising, board development and training, and campaign planning studies.