Funding Available Through the Walter Cerf Community Fund

Funding is now available to nonprofits and municipal organizations through the Walter Cerf Community Fund at the Vermont Community Foundation. The Walter Cerf Community Fund makes grants to address charitable needs in the state of Vermont. Priority interests are the arts, education, historic preservation, and social services.

The fund will consider both small ($500-$5,000) and large (up to $25,000) grant requests. Organizations applying for a small grant may request program/project support or general operating support. Large grant requests must be program/project-specific and from organizations serving Addison County or Brandon.

Grants are made to organizations that either have a statewide constituency and make a unique contribution to Vermont or are located in or serve Addison County or Brandon. Approximately 70% of funds available will be awarded to programs and projects in and/or serving the Addison County and Brandon area. The remaining 30% of available funds will support programs and projects with a statewide constituency.

Applications will be accepted through 5 p.m. on Tuesday, July 2, 2024.

Visit to learn more and apply.

The Vermont Community Foundation was established in 1986 as an enduring source of philanthropic support for Vermont communities. A family of more than 900 funds, foundations, and supporting organizations, the Foundation makes it easy for the people who care about Vermont to find and fund the causes they love. The Community Foundation and its partners put more than $60 million annually to work in Vermont communities and beyond. The heart of its work is closing the opportunity gap—the divide that leaves too many Vermonters struggling to get ahead, no matter how hard they work. The Community Foundation envisions Vermont at its best—where everyone can build a bright, secure future. Visit or call 802-388-3355 for more information.