Skip to content
- Fundraising and Development Certificate Program This six-month intensive hands-on program will start in January 2024. Designed for small to mid-sized nonprofits, this program for Executive Directors and other nonprofit staff members actively builds and improves fundraising capacity and skills in all areas of development. The program provides a collaborative learning environment consisting of interactive training, peer learning circles, and individualized coaching. Participants create a development plan for their organization as part of this program. We are in the process of planning summer fundraising training this year. Register now!
- Nonprofit Management Certificate Program The 80-hour series is Vermont’s only cross-sector introduction to nonprofit management. Built for new and existing nonprofit leaders, participants gain and refine the skills needed to strengthen their organizations and achieve their missions. Contact [email protected] to be added to the waitlist for 2024!
- *New* Nonprofit Training & Consulting Certificate Pilot New in 2023 – the NTC Pilot will be an opportunity to develop the skills and expertise needed to be a nonprofit trainer or consultant in an evolving sector. Whether you want to be a trainer, advisor, or facilitator, this cohort will jumpstart your nonprofit consulting work! The pilot program combines live training, cohort learning, and self-guided work. During the program, participants will receive hands-on training to learn the basics of consulting, develop a trainer toolkit, and draft a business plan for their consulting or training work. Are you an employee of nonprofits who will provide training or consulting as part of their work? Are you an independent consultant and/or trainers looking to work with nonprofits? Or, are you just interested in working with nonprofits as a trainer or consultant? Contact [email protected] to be added to the waitlist for 2024!
- Vermont Nonprofit Summer Camp is a series of learning opportunities for nonprofit professionals. Every year we offer participants six to nine workshops to choose from as well as opportunities for cross-sector and state-wide networking. Stay-tuned for news of the 2024 Summer Camp!
- On-Demand Nonprofit Learning: If you want to learn more about nonprofit areas, visit our Learning Center. You will find lots of free resources, training videos, and additional information that will help you step up your nonprofit knowledge.
- Vermont’s Nonprofit Job Board: Looking to grow your career in Vermont’s nonprofit sector? Visit our job board to learn more about current opportunities. Looking for a new team member? Click here to submit a job posting.
News and Sector Support
- Vermont Nonprofit News is your go-to resource to keep you informed and engaged with the nonprofit sector in the state. We will keep you updated on nonprofit news, available grants and funding, upcoming learning opportunities, and job postings. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter here!
- Nonprofit New England Wage and Benefits Report (Vermont Edition) Hiring and retaining great workers is one of the biggest challenges we face as nonprofits. That’s why Common Good Vermont partners with the NH Center for Nonprofits and Maine Association of Nonprofits to collect the latest data on wages and benefits from our tri-state area. Each state produces a state-specific report on Wages and Benefits based on the data collected in this survey. Buy the 2022 Report and visit the Nonprofit Jobs Posting Board to post your positions today. The next Survey will be in the Spring of 2024…
- Nonprofit Consultant Directory: If you are looking for a nonprofit consultant to support your nonprofit organization, review our Consultant Directory. You will find a resource on how to select consultants to guide you through the selection process. If you are a consultant and would like to add yourself to the list, click here to complete the registration form.