Website Senior Solutions
Office Administrator ~ Assistant to the Executive Director
Senior Solutions (Council on Aging for Southeastern VT, Inc.) is a non-profit agency serving Windham and Windsor Counties in Vermont since 1973. Our mission is to promote the dignity and well-being of older adults and our passion is to help them to live in the setting of their choice and remain engaged in their community.
We are seeking a highly qualified Office Administrator oversee our front office and provide administrative support to our Executive Director, managers, and staff. Responsibilities include overseeing front office volunteers, creation, printing, and distribution of external communications (fliers, brochures, newsletters, etc.), planning meetings and conferences, taking minutes of meetings, answering non-routine correspondence, recommending changes in office practices and procedures, and working on special projects. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
· Oversee front office and greet visitors, answer the telephone, direct calls, open and distributes the mail, order supplies and handle other administrative duties.
· Responsible for training, scheduling and supervision of volunteers who assist in the front office.
· Provides technical support to managers and staff (copiers, fax, computers, telephone, office equipment).
· Assists in planning and organization of meetings and conferences, including selection of venue and caterer, preparation of agenda, and making travel arrangements for staff.
· Prepares minutes of meetings of the Board of Directors, Advisory Council and other meetings as required.
· Assists in the compiling information for grant proposals. May be called upon to draft articles for newsletters or external publications.
· Uses desktop publishing and other software to create or update brochures, fliers, newsletters, and other external communications. Maintains mailing lists and coordinates direct mailings. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy. Ensures that publication schedules and distribution deadlines are adhered to.
· Creates and develops visual presentations as required.
· Collaborates with public relations department to ensure that the Senior Solutions website is current.
· Supervises the maintenance of office equipment (copiers, fax machine, telephones, postage meter).
· Deals with property owner on building issues.
· Works independently and collaboratively within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills. Writing sample required.
· Detail oriented, committed to excellence.
· Advanced computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel). Experience with Teams, SharePoint preferred. Familiarity with Salesforce, Acrobat software a plus.
· Working knowledge of office equipment (printers, fax machines, personal computers, postage machines, telephone system).
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to prioritize in multi-tasking environment and work under pressure.
· Proven time management skills; a self-starter.
· Able to handle confidential information with complete discretion.
· Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, plus a minimum of three years’ experience as an administrative assistant or office administrator, preferably in a human services environment.
· Personable, professional, articulate, and willing to learn.
Senior Solutions offers a competitive salary, benefits, and a generous paid time off package. A background check is required. Senior Solutions fosters a work environment where collaboration, open-mindedness and resourcefulness are expected. Our team members are compassionate, respectful, and responsive to the needs and wishes of each other and our clients. We promote a culture of acceptance and openness. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you have the requirements above and a desire to be part of our mission to promote the well-being and dignity of older adults, please apply for the position by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org