Website SEVCA, Inc.
Head Start Job Openings for 2021-2022
Southeastern Vermont Community Action, Inc (SEVCA) is a non-profit community action agency serving the needs of low-income families in Windsor and Windham counties in Vermont. Our mission is to empower and partner with individuals and communities to alleviate the hardships of poverty, provide opportunities to thrive, and eliminate the root causes of poverty in southeastern Vermont.
SEVCA Head Start has the following openings for the upcoming program year:
Position: Teacher Assistant:
Job Details: Starting Date: August 9, 2021
Position Type: Full Time, 30 hours per week, benefited position
Positions Available: 3
Openings for a Head Start Teacher Assistant within SEVCA Windsor County Head Start. Seeking a nurturing and motivated professional to work with children ages 3-5 years old in a play-based environment. Teacher Assistants are responsible for being familiar with Head Start Performance Standards, NAEYC Standards, Vermont Early Learning Standards, and State of Vermont Early Childhood Program Licensing Regulations, and ensuring they are being met in the classroom. Teacher Assistants are part of a team designed to provide all children with a safe, nurturing, and engaging learning environment. The teacher assistant is part of a team that meets regularly. This position requires a close collaborative working relationship with the Lead Teacher, Teacher Associate, parents and other center staff. Familiarity with Second Step Curriculum and The Creative Curriculum are a distinct advantage.
- CDA (Child Development Associate) or State Board of education approved Human Services Program with emphasizes on child development or early childhood education is required: this includes one program year of successful experience in a preschool classroom.
- Minimum of 15 clock hours of professional development activities each year.
- Experience working with young groups of children.
- Experience with working with low-income families.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of families and children at all times.
- Positive attitude.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record/Fingerprints Check Please send cover letter, resume, a copy of your educational transcripts and three written references to:
Lori Canfield, Head Start Director
97 Park Street
Springfield, VT 05156
Or email to email@example.com
Or fax: 1-802-885-8112
SEVCA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.