Date(s) - April 20, 2023
2:00 pm - 3:15 pm
Fee: $45 Individual, $75 Whole Org
Register at: https://www.mtnonprofit.org/event/financial-leadership-for-board-members-2/
Common Good VT is pleased to present this shared webinar series in partnership with the Montana Nonprofit Association. Please email [email protected] with any questions about the event.
This course is built for board members that want a foundation in nonprofit finance in order to better serve their mission and fiduciary obligations. Whether you are a first-time board member or seasoned treasurer, this two-part series offers clarity and guidance for how to focus on what matters.
April 20th | Nonprofit Financial Leadership Overview
This session will enable participants to:
- Explain nonprofit finance basics to their fellow board members
- Identify elements of fiscally healthy and unhealthy organizations
- Recognize board level responsibilities in maintaining a strong financial position
April 27th | Effective Structures for Fiscal Oversight
This session will prepare participants to:
- Identify primary aims of a strong finance committee
- Develop better communication methods between staff, finance committee members, and the general board
- Recognize how to provide the right level of information for boards to feel confident in navigating financial conversations
All sessions will be recorded and available for attendees to access, along with all session resources, for six months after the event.
Registration Instructions: Register at the MNA member price for Individual or Whole Org and note VERMONT as your location.