Website Academy for Systems Change
Title: Administrative Coordinator
Position: Part time
Schedule: 15-25 hrs/week
Position Reports to: Co-Director
Application Deadline: Rolling until position is filled
The Academy for Systems Change is looking for a new team member to provide administrative support. This virtual, part-time position requires between 15-25 hours per week and can begin immediately. There is the possibility for growth both with hours and responsibility within the organization in the coming year. If you are highly organized, extremely attentive to detail, self- motivated and enjoy operationalizing an organization’s values through internal structures and functions, we would love to hear from you.
The Academy applies systems thinking and systems leadership to accelerate environmental, social, and economic well-being. The organization is currently going through a transformation process with a commitment to center equity as a foundational pillar as we move forward. This transformation is deeply informed by a learning journey regarding the embodiment of equity and anti-racism as an organization. We are looking for an individual who is enthusiastic about this work at a personal and organizational level and would like to be a part of this journey.
- Manage scheduling (primarily virtual meetings).
- Receive and process mail.
- Coordinate the logistics for in-person Board and Faculty meetings (annually after COVID).
- Assist in managing day-to-day finance-related tasks: track cash flow, create of monthly deposit, expense and in-kind donation summaries, enter invoices for approval and payment through Bill.com, generate invoices, collaborate with Co-Director to ensure smooth financial management.
- Respond to organizational email inquiries as needed.
- Provide basic technology use support and domain oversight: troubleshoot IT issues (with help of IT professionals as needed), maintain domain registration information, and procure new domains as necessary.
- Support the creation of communications and fundraising materials.
- Prepare contracts for subcontractors.
- Assist with registrations for programs.
- Facilitate the preparation and sending of annual direct mail appeals.
- Maintain files: take Board meeting notes, create official minutes and upkeep Board and corporate documents.
- Manage online book sales and book mailings as needed.
- Collaborate on donor management by entering donation details into Little Green Light CRM database.
- Manage the donation acknowledgement process and maintain updated thank you letter templates.
Note: The Academy for Systems Change is committed to flexibility in responding to changing circumstances and priorities, and to supporting coworkers on a small team. This means that the responsibilities for every position are dynamic. This position description reflects the Administrative Coordinator’s current essential functions. Other tasks may emerge based on evolving operational needs.
Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized, thorough with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communications skills.
- Self-motivated, robust time management skills and ability to prioritize and manage a diverse workload in a virtual environment.
- A team player who is flexible, open-minded, honest, has high integrity and believes in the organization’s mission.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
- Genuine interest in personal development, equity, sustainability and non-profit work.
- Interest in collaborating to update processes for efficiency, ease and overall improvement.
- Experience with Microsoft suite and Zoom.
- Desirable: Interest and/or experience in finances, fundraising, grant writing, communications, graphic design, and WordPress platform.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree and/or relevant experience
Compensation & Benefits: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience of the candidate.
To Apply: Please send your resume, a cover letter and two references to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org