Website Bennington County Coalition for the Homeless
Bennington County Coalition for the Homeless is a local nonprofit whose mission is working with families and individuals who are experiencing homelessness. Founded in 2000 to provide basic services, emergency shelter, and transitional housing, the agency is focused on breaking the cycle of homelessness and facilitating new beginnings. Today, Bennington County Coalition for the Homeless continues to serve the homeless population in Bennington County with active community engagement, outreach and with services and support in our shelters, Thatcher House Family Shelter and 966 Main adult shelter.
The Executive Director reports to and works closely with the Board of Directors. In addition, the duties of the Executive Director include but not limited to staff/agency management, grant writing, fiscal management and programmatic oversight, strategic planning with the board of directors, fundraising and community relations.
- Responsible for all planning, organizing, operations and staffing.
- Measure performance and improve quality of services in all agency programs and all facets of agency operations.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and direction to staff members and volunteers
- Review services on an ongoing basis and develop new and innovative programs as needs emerge.
- Identify and implement best practices and enforce policies and procedures.
- Create ongoing opportunities for staff members to provide feedback on program operations.
- Inform the Board of Director of financials, issues, changes, and accomplishments.
- Oversight of all agency activity
- Oversee operations and maintenance of all agency properties
- Responsible for staff hiring, supervision and training
- Seek, develop, and execute training for all staff that may improve operations as well as programing.
- Continual improvement of efficiency and effectiveness of all internal operations.
- Enhance agency infrastructure to support agency programming.
- Ensure that required data is current properly entered into the ServicePoint Data program and required funding reports are completed
- Strengthen and develop relationships with other service providers, businesses, dignitaries, and educational institutions to provide & improve service delivery to clients.
- Serve on community committees, boards, taskforces etc.
- Manage and coordinate donor relationships and maintain a proficient donor data base, website, and social media.
- Speak on behalf of Bennington County Coalition for the Homeless and articulate its mission, philosophy, values, and practices to internal and external stakeholders, church groups, etc.
- Represent the agency at private and public functions as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required. Five years of experience in non-profit administration is desirable.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Leadership attributes essential
- Highly effective fiscal management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Staff supervision skills
- Successful fundraising and grant-writing experience
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- A high degree of comfort interacting with diverse socio-economic community
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, website creation/maintenance and social media
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000
To apply for this job email your details to BoardPresident@bcchvt.org